The Student Room Group

International Hall, London - reviews please?

Hello all,

I have been accepted into the UCL Institute of Education as a postgrad student. While applying for student halls, as per my preferences, I'm getting options related to International Hall & other UCL-based student houses.

Any reviews on International Hall? Especially: overnight guests, noisiness?

Thanks!!
Reply 1
Original post by dixienl
Hello all,

I have been accepted into the UCL Institute of Education as a postgrad student. While applying for student halls, as per my preferences, I'm getting options related to International Hall & other UCL-based student houses.

Any reviews on International Hall? Especially: overnight guests, noisiness?

Thanks!!

There is a theoretical cap of 10 nights a month for overnight guests per room, although you can easily get a friend to sign the person who wants to stay overnight.

Noise is pretty bad as the sound proofing is non existent but a decent set of overhead headphones with music should do the job if you're trying to work in the room. There's usually not a lot of screaming - it's just that you can fully hear people outside your door even if they speak in a normal tone!

Overall it's a good hall for the money I'd say. Location is top notch especially.

Oh and I almost forgot the food. Breakfast/Brunch is really good, but dinner is soso (this is coming from someone who's already endured 4 years of boarding school food in England, it's about the same). But hey it's free if you're not living in a studio or flat and you can't really hate free food.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending