Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone ever had a brazilian wax before?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I really want to get one done, but need some opinions. Do the waxers actually care about how hairy you are? do they make it uncomfortable?

Hey there,

I will start off by saying that when I get mine done, I am greeted with the most wonderful women, she never makes it awkward and even sometimes we are in hysterics! Obviously it depends purely on where you go, but these ladies are trained to make you comfortable and relaxed (it makes their job easier as well!)

You usually need to have quite a good length, my waxer usually requests about 0.5cm but check before you go,

Hygiene is a big thing! make sure you're nice and clean down there! and Aftercare is also big! Cotton undies are usually the safest bet!

I won't pretend it doesn't hurt! It does, the first time more than the rest, but each time your hair will grow back softer and it hurts less! (also, no horrible stubble from shaving!)

Good luck!

If you're worried about them judging you cos you have loads of hair don't cos they see about 10 people's fannies a day it's not even a thing for them, even though for you it's like **** this person is ripping my pubes off. Also if you have a lot the end result will be better, if it's too short some of it won't come out and it won't look as smooth. Unless they're really bad at their job, in which case you can complain, they're trained to make you relaxed so they'll make small talk with you just like they do at the hairdressers.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.