The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Chances for Bristol Economics

(edited 7 years ago)
you will get an offer. I would be HIGHLY surprised if you didn't. Write a decent personal statement and you're going to be in.
I study philosophy - got 2A's, 2C's rest B's at GCSE.
First shot As levels - BDDE LOL! - messed them up!
Second shot (new subjects) AAAA - I now have offers from Bristol, Durham, St Andrews, Sheffield - St. A - having a excellent reputation - easy top 3 for philo and only a 42% acceptance rate.... Never underestimate the value of a good personal statement.

Don't worry bro - I think, besides oxbridge - people really underestimate their chances a lot of the time.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by dock-leaf
you will get an offer. I would be HIGHLY surprised if you didn't. Write a decent personal statement and you're going to be in.
I study philosophy - got 2A's, 2C's rest B's at GCSE.
First shot As levels - BDDE LOL! - messed them up!
Second shot (new subjects) AAAA - I now have offers from Bristol, Durham, St Andrews, Sheffield - St. A - having a excellent reputation - easy top 3 for philo and only a 42% acceptance rate.... Never underestimate the value of a good personal statement.

Don't worry bro - I think, besides oxbridge - people really underestimate their chances a lot of the time.

Wow well done! You turned it around so much! Thanks for the encouragement :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Wow well done! You turned it around so much! Thanks for the encouragement :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers - also if you get strong A's you can always request top predictions, and they have little justification not to give you them.

- I got predicted A*A*A - I won't get it with the amount of work i'm doing - but I know that the offers are only AAA anyway - so it makes you look really good - but you don't actually have to get them - so worth a chat with your teachers if you don't get the predictions you wanted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending