The Student Room Group

Overwatch thread

Scroll to see replies

Am in the same boat :console:
Original post by GUMI
I kinda wanna learn Mccree, his burst damage is insane :tongue:

Yeh, Practiced a bit last night after I posted that and I'm getting better. I do think he will get nerfed soon though, especially the insta-reload on his roll. Don't see it talked of a lot but the flash-fan-roll-fan combo kills pretty much any character.

Only other character I think needs adjusting is Torbjorns turret, it just acquires it's target a little quickly for my liking.
My primary experience thus far is that playing with a controller on PC is hard work.
Also, nearly ever PUG I end up with is godawful and probably playing widowmaker.
Also, also, I swear some of the Hanzo's I come across are aimbotting. Seriously, like every shot is a headshot. Might just be getting salty because I'm a scrub. Ranked will also probably fix this when it arrives.
Original post by mojojojo101
Yeh, Practiced a bit last night after I posted that and I'm getting better. I do think he will get nerfed soon though, especially the insta-reload on his roll. Don't see it talked of a lot but the flash-fan-roll-fan combo kills pretty much any character.

Only other character I think needs adjusting is Torbjorns turret, it just acquires it's target a little quickly for my liking.

He's definitely an incredibly strong dueler and there is no beating that combo, but you need to be in his face for him to use this combo (the range on FAN is laughable) and once he's blown all these cooldowns he's useless. So he's not without his weaknesses and he serves an important purpose of being able to defend/out-duel roamers such as Tracer and Reaper, who apparently were running rampant before McCree

The big issue with McCree is how effective his pistol is at range as currently he outranges everyone except Pharah and Widow. Put in the hands of someone who's accurate he's deadly at both close, medium and long range, which IS broken. I suspect they'll increase the cooldown on his grenade slightly to make missing it less forgiving and adjust his aiming to either provide a modest "spread", limiting its use at range, or just flat out reduce its range. This is probably enough of a fix imo.
Original post by Elivercury
He's definitely an incredibly strong dueler and there is no beating that combo, but you need to be in his face for him to use this combo (the range on FAN is laughable) and once he's blown all these cooldowns he's useless. So he's not without his weaknesses and he serves an important purpose of being able to defend/out-duel roamers such as Tracer and Reaper, who apparently were running rampant before McCree

The big issue with McCree is how effective his pistol is at range as currently he outranges everyone except Pharah and Widow. Put in the hands of someone who's accurate he's deadly at both close, medium and long range, which IS broken. I suspect they'll increase the cooldown on his grenade slightly to make missing it less forgiving and adjust his aiming to either provide a modest "spread", limiting its use at range, or just flat out reduce its range. This is probably enough of a fix imo.

I don't think he needs massive changes, he is just a little too well rounded compared to the other heroes. The roll to reload thing is maybe just me, but I don't see why he needs to be able to do that, if they want him to be less effective against tanks (which according to a blue post I have just seen is the case) then it seems like an easy place to take something away
Original post by mojojojo101
I don't think he needs massive changes, he is just a little too well rounded compared to the other heroes. The roll to reload thing is maybe just me, but I don't see why he needs to be able to do that, if they want him to be less effective against tanks (which according to a blue post I have just seen is the case) then it seems like an easy place to take something away

He needs the roll as it is his only movement ability, and it's fairly lackluster at that. Without reload his burst damage wouldn't be sufficient to take out a reaper or tracer really, so he'd be failing at his role.

Is McCree really posing that much of a threat to tanks? I mean, they all have mechanics that can block a full fan, they have great HP/Armour/Shields, mostly have strong close range damage and usually have a pocket support healing them.
Getting this next week :woo: :yikes:
:cry2:
Original post by samb1234
Should have played the open beta a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed the beta but I'll probably wait until summer and for it to drop in price a bit before buying

Man I know but I was really busy with WoW :sad:
Original post by Elivercury

Also, also, I swear some of the Hanzo's I come across are aimbotting. Seriously, like every shot is a headshot. Might just be getting salty because I'm a scrub.

The hitbox size of his arrows is pretty generous. It doesn't even hit you, but you die.

[video="youtube;peHUNnARS54"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peHUNnARS54[/video]
Reply 30
Original post by Malevolent
Man I know but I was really busy with WoW :sad:

Nah, forget WoW and play Overwatch :tongue:
Anyone playing Overwatch on PC still?
Overwatch on PS4 or PC? Which is better in terms of community (popularity)
Original post by SuperHuman98
Overwatch on PS4 or PC? Which is better in terms of community (popularity)

Do you prefer Controller or KB+M?

I'd make your decision based on that. You can use controller on PC but from my experience you'll be at a significant disadvantage.

I only play with my friends and have no stats for player numbers on either I'm afraid. Although anecdotally it takes me about 15-20 seconds for a quick match and 30-1:30 for a group match (depending on how large/awkward my group is) on PC.
I play Overwatch a lot after a day of revision it's (sometimes) a good way to wind down. Has anyone else noticed the horrible team balancing recently though? Me and my friends who are level 40, 30 and 20 keep being matched with groups which are prestige. I've heard the bigger your group the higher the levels your matched with but its not always the case. Need this fixing before I spent post-exams playing nothing byt Overwatch c;
Original post by EverydayHell
I play Overwatch a lot after a day of revision it's (sometimes) a good way to wind down. Has anyone else noticed the horrible team balancing recently though? Me and my friends who are level 40, 30 and 20 keep being matched with groups which are prestige. I've heard the bigger your group the higher the levels your matched with but its not always the case. Need this fixing before I spent post-exams playing nothing byt Overwatch c;

Apparently you get matched with people it considers have equal stats so that its a 50/50 chance of victory. I keep getting put with incompetent teams myself (yes I know I sound like an arse but one team wouldn't move the payload so we lost).
Reply 36
Original post by Vikingninja
Apparently you get matched with people it considers have equal stats so that its a 50/50 chance of victory. I keep getting put with incompetent teams myself (yes I know I sound like an arse but one team wouldn't move the payload so we lost).

I think the system looks mostly at your win/lose ratio. But other than that there really is no MMR
Original post by GUMI
I think the system looks mostly at your win/lose ratio. But other than that there really is no MMR

Only games I tend to be happy in are with D.Va which I've got 75% win, rest is just gg.
Reply 38
I'm still getting used to all of the characters (despite being level 33) but I am definitely finding a couple of favourites:

Torbjorn is definitely my go-to character, with Reinhardt and Pharah being my next most used players.

I hate playing against Tracer, Winston, Zarya and Symmetra.
For those interested, here's the Overwatch matchmaking according to Jeff:

Source: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745144780#post-11
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest