The Student Room Group

Will failing one AS level affect my uni chances?

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by amy1005
Hi,

Throughout the whole of year 12 I've despised biology and I very nearly dropped it in January - something I now wish I had done. I was reluctant to revise for my exams in it but persevered, however after Thursday's test I am certain that it will be significantly lower than the grades for all my other subjects.

As someone who has kind of unhealthily placed an extreme importance on my results, I feel so nervous that this one subject - this one awful AS level which I don't plan on taking into A2 - will negatively impact my future (uni apps and all that).

So I was wondering if anyone has any similar experiences or knows how much weight is placed onto AS level grades when applying to unis...I'm expected A/B in English Lit, Maths and Philosophy so will that be enough to balance out my bad biology grade?

Thank you ~

What course and what universities are you looking at?
Reply 2
Original post by amy1005
Hi,

Throughout the whole of year 12 I've despised biology and I very nearly dropped it in January - something I now wish I had done. I was reluctant to revise for my exams in it but persevered, however after Thursday's test I am certain that it will be significantly lower than the grades for all my other subjects.

As someone who has kind of unhealthily placed an extreme importance on my results, I feel so nervous that this one subject - this one awful AS level which I don't plan on taking into A2 - will negatively impact my future (uni apps and all that).

So I was wondering if anyone has any similar experiences or knows how much weight is placed onto AS level grades when applying to unis...I'm expected A/B in English Lit, Maths and Philosophy so will that be enough to balance out my bad biology grade?

Thank you ~

I'm in an almost identical situation as you, if you switch the English Lit for Chemistry. I believe if Biology AS has no relevance to your chosen course at Uni then it shouldn't affect the offers you get as long as you do well in the other subjects

Quick Reply

Latest