The Student Room Group

i think i got 80 marks can i still get an a*?

yeah so basically, I think I got 80% on the Edexcel maths higher paper... Can I still get an A* or should I just aim for an A?
Original post by Appazap
yeah so basically, I think I got 80% on the Edexcel maths higher paper... Can I still get an A* or should I just aim for an A?
You definitely can, depends on the grade boundaries really, probably need a minimum of 85-90 to secure it, but I may be wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by hamza772000
You definitely can, depends on the grade boundaries really, probably need a minimum of 85-90 to secure it, but I may be wrong.

I hope they are like last years but edexcel aren't nice like that
Some people have pegged it at around the 80 region but it really depends on the next paper, if it is super hard then it will go up and vise versa. At this point in time its too hard to really be sure on what they will be but its 90% likely they will be higher than last years by a few marks but not in the usual 85% ish range.
Reply 4
I hope they raise by like one mark:biggrin:
Original post by Appazap
I hope they are like last years but edexcel aren't nice like that
Tbh they most probably won't be that low, as this paper, in my opinion wasn't as hard as last years, but that's just me, they won't be too high either as a lot of people did find this paper hard, I'm guessing maybe 160 for an A*, I really don't think it would be any higher than 165. Fingers crossed, can't do anything but hope.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Tbh they most probably won't be that low, as this paper, in my opinion wasn't as hard as last years, but that's just me, they won't be too high either as a lot of people did find this paper hard, I'm guessing maybe 160 for an A*, I really don't think it would be any higher than 165. Fingers crossed, can't do anything but hope.

Have you done the June 2014 non calc? Do you think it is harder than that one?
Original post by Rajive
Have you done the June 2014 non calc? Do you think it is harder than that one?
I did it quite some time ago,I think I got 86-88 in this one. Personally, I think that one was just a little easier, really close though. Saying that, I could've easily got at least 8 more marks in this one, I worked out the wrong angle for the circle theorems question and did the write working for one question and crossed it off and replaced it with something else, really gutted but can't do anything now.:redface:
Reply 8
I did it quite some time ago,I think I got 86-88 in this one. Personally, I think that one was just a little easier, really close though. Saying that, I could've easily got at least 8 more marks in this one, I worked out the wrong angle for the circle theorems question and did the write working for one question and crossed it off and replaced it with something else, really gutted but can't do anything now.:redface:

Yh I thought that matches difficulty with this one as well, the grade boundary for an A was 132 for that year. For this one though I reckon I got 69-74 marks but the stupid mistakes that I did has been plagueing me for 2 days. Honestly could have gotten 80.
Original post by Rajive
Yh I thought that matches difficulty with this one as well, the grade boundary for an A was 132 for that year. For this one though I reckon I got 69-74 marks but the stupid mistakes that I did has been plagueing me for 2 days. Honestly could have gotten 80.
You've got one more paper to redeem yourself, I'm going to make sure I read every question carefully this time. Good Luck!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest