The Student Room Group

Why does everyone listen to bad music?

This generation of music sucks. People should be listening to good rock and metal like Staind, Korn, Rage Aginst the Machince, Deftones, Stone Temple Pilots and Metallica. Instead, people are are listening to Drake, Justin Bieber and The Weeknd which is just awful....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MovedMasterMike
This generation of music sucks. People should be listening to good rock and metal like Korn

People listen to these "awful" acts because they like them... what you're saying is no difference to the "how can people like metal, it's just noise" crowd.
Post reads like them 13 year old kids on the Youtube comments section.

Plenty of good music has been released this decade.
If you can't find any of it your music taste isn't as good as you think it is.
Kendrick Lamar and J Cole are the only rappers currently that have good music- other rappers have songs based on hoes, drugs, alcohol and I wonder to myself if I sing about that wouldn't I be famous?

Of course, there are artists other than the rock metal music sector that are good. But sadly, lots of people enjoy listening to break-up songs by Taylor 'Boring' Swift to tutorials on picking up girls for roadmen by Justin 'Fake ****boy' Bieber.
Rock and metal sound disgusting. Like wtf they're just shouting and it all sounds the same
Reply 5
This generation of music sucks. People should be listening to good rock and metal like Staind, Korn, Rage Aginst the Machince, Deftones, Stone Temple Pilots and Metallica. Instead, people are are listening to Drake, Justin Bieber and The Weeknd which is just awful....

The previous generation to yours is aghast that you think you lived through the pinnacle of music.
Original post by lolatmaths
Rock and metal sound disgusting. Like wtf they're just shouting and it all sounds the same

No they communicate with passion and the words are powerful...
Reply 7

I listen to Korn, Rage Against The Machine, Drake and The Weeknd.

Do I still have "bad" taste in music? :erm:
Reply 9

You've probably been listening to screamo. In my own opinion most songs released nowadays all sound the same (in particular rap songs).
Ffs no one listens to bad music its just dependent on the person and what they choose to listen to.
Reply 11
If you can't understand that everyone has their own taste in music, write an in depth essay on which bands are the best.

Wait 10 years and reread it.
Original post by Lord Samosa
I listen to Korn, Rage Against The Machine, Drake and The Weeknd.

Do I still have "bad" taste in music? :erm:

Drake or Quentin Miller? :smile:
It cant be bad music if I like it.
Define "bad music".

If it's my definition of "bad music" then no, not everyone does. :erm:
Original post by kkboyk
You've probably been listening to screamo. In my own opinion most songs released nowadays all sound the same (in particular rap songs).

so what makes rock and metal so special?

tfw people talk about things they know nothing about.

Oh God, the 'born in the wrong generation' meme
Reply 18
so what makes rock and metal so special?

Same reason what makes every other genre special. They all essentially the same tbh. Though however, I tend to find rock and metal to have far more variation than pop.

No interest in joining the angsty teen 'my music is better than your music' thing, but you sound like you're on about screamo, which I also feel is pretty ****. You wanna listen to some proper metal; Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are the best imo.

[video="youtube;NOk0mkwnmZQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOk0mkwnmZQ[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest