Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lump under arm ,blocked sweat gland or something serious?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014

i've got a small lump under my arm that comes and goes(comes when I'm pushing myself excercising) , it smells when I lift up that arm whenever I excercise. Is it just a blocked sweat gland(mum reckons it is) or something serious?anyone share experiences?
    I am not getting it checked out in any circumstances
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i've got a small lump under my arm that comes and goes(comes when I'm pushing myself excercising) , it smells when I lift up that arm whenever I excercise. Is it just a blocked sweat gland(mum reckons it is) or something serious?anyone share experiences?
    I am not getting it checked out in any circumstances
    it it a lump or a boil cuz they are 2 differnet things? if it is a lump I had something similar is was the glands in my pit and it was painful I got it checked out at my doc's just in case and I reccomend that you book an appointment to be on the safe side even though you dont want to you shouldnt mess when it comes your health you can ask for someone else to see you if you are uncomfortable around your doc hope this helps
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you a male or female?? If i was you then i would get it checked in case its something serious! Under arm could be something to do with you lymp nodes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i've had this too
    it is a little hard lump that comes n stays for a bit then just goes
    mine hasb't been any trouble so i think you'll be fine
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its a buboe?

If it is, get someone to nail you into your bedroom, and pray for mercy, or wait to die.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had something similar it was just after a cold
    Unfortunetly i cant remember what the doctor said it was because me and my mum went to get it checked out it cud have been a blocked sweat glad but it was nothing to worry about and it eventually went away
    you could send a picture of it to really embarasing illnesses if you dont want to see the doctor lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well it could be serious.. so when in doubt go to the doctor. Under the arm would suggest the lymphatic system (so however unlikely) - this could suggest lymphoma, spreading breast cancer, lymphatic cancer, leukemia etc.. - So get a professional opinion - these things always turn out better the earlier they're caught...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it looks anything like this - http://www.logicalimages.com/images/...Bubonic1Lg.jpg - then it would appear you have bubonic plague. Best not to panic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duckiciao)
    Maybe its a buboe?

If it is, get someone to nail you into your bedroom, and pray for mercy, or wait to die.
    Damn, someone got there first... Probably just a blocked sweat gland or something.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had something similar, turned out to be an infection which was treated successfully with a short course of antibiotics. It's unlikely to be very serious but as always best to get it checked out really.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 21, 2007
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.