The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Nazi Germany

My GCSE Paper 1 is on the first monday back and I'm really struggling with Nazi Germany past questions - does anyone have any completed Nazi Germany questions they could show me just so i get the gist of it all?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jessdstromberg
My GCSE Paper 1 is on the first monday back and I'm really struggling with Nazi Germany past questions - does anyone have any completed Nazi Germany questions they could show me just so i get the gist of it all?

Which bits are you struggling with, or is it the whole topic? I have some questions I've done which I can try to find for you, or you might be able to find some sample answers on the internet
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
Which bits are you struggling with, or is it the whole topic? I have some questions I've done which I can try to find for you, or you might be able to find some sample answers on the internet

I think its the structure of the topic - i love Weimar Germany because it has an ordered timeline (if that makes any sense) where as Nazi Germany is separated into groups of people - it just doesn't go into my head! Would it be possible to show me your questions so i could get an idea about how to answer them? thankyou so much
Explain why young people were important in Hitler’s plans for Germany(6)
Young people were important in Hitler’s plans for Germany because they were the next generation and would therefore carry on the Nazi ideology. The young people needed to be fully brainwashed into believing Nazi ideas were right so that when they were adults they would carry them on and pass them on to the children and so on.
Also, the boys would be soldiers, and the girls would produce the next generation of perfect Aryans. This was important to Hitler because this kept to Nazi ideas, and would prove especially important if another war occurred, because the boys would be fighting and the girls would be raising the next generation of soldiers who would then go off and fight for their country.
Another reason young people were important to Hitler’s plans was because if he could control young people then he could control every aspect of German life. The young people were probably the most important for Hitler to control because they would very soon be the adults, and if they didn’t follow the Nazi ideology then Hitler would not be able to control them or every aspect of life in Germany.

There's a six marker, I don't know how many marks it's worth. Here's a four marker as well, again I don't know how many marks it's worth but I feel like it may be full marks.

Describe the events of the ‘Night of the Long Knives’(4)
Hitler was worried about the SA and the power the leaders had. In June 1934 Hitler had the leaders of the SA arrested in the night of June 29th/ June 30th and then had seventy seven men executed for treason. The SA were then put under the control of the general army. Hitler did this to make sure he still had control of the SA and to make sure none of the leaders of the SA were planning to take over power.
I can find a ten marker if you want but I've never written one worth more than 8 marks
if yah need source questions i could post a picture of the ones my teacher gave me. ahh yeah i'm struggling to revise it too though yikes
Explain why young people were important in Hitler’s plans for Germany(6)
Young people were important in Hitler’s plans for Germany because they were the next generation and would therefore carry on the Nazi ideology. The young people needed to be fully brainwashed into believing Nazi ideas were right so that when they were adults they would carry them on and pass them on to the children and so on.
Also, the boys would be soldiers, and the girls would produce the next generation of perfect Aryans. This was important to Hitler because this kept to Nazi ideas, and would prove especially important if another war occurred, because the boys would be fighting and the girls would be raising the next generation of soldiers who would then go off and fight for their country.
Another reason young people were important to Hitler’s plans was because if he could control young people then he could control every aspect of German life. The young people were probably the most important for Hitler to control because they would very soon be the adults, and if they didn’t follow the Nazi ideology then Hitler would not be able to control them or every aspect of life in Germany.

There's a six marker, I don't know how many marks it's worth. Here's a four marker as well, again I don't know how many marks it's worth but I feel like it may be full marks.

Describe the events of the ‘Night of the Long Knives’(4)
Hitler was worried about the SA and the power the leaders had. In June 1934 Hitler had the leaders of the SA arrested in the night of June 29th/ June 30th and then had seventy seven men executed for treason. The SA were then put under the control of the general army. Hitler did this to make sure he still had control of the SA and to make sure none of the leaders of the SA were planning to take over power.

Thankyou!! I'm going to try and do a few now - I just wish the whole Nazi topic had more structure
Original post by Rjhepkenhdjd
if yah need source questions i could post a picture of the ones my teacher gave me. ahh yeah i'm struggling to revise it too though yikes

If that's possible then yes please! It is literally my worst history topic
Thankyou!! I'm going to try and do a few now - I just wish the whole Nazi topic had more structure

Yeah same, I did make a timeline at school for the whole of the germany topic, I could try and find it and send it to you if that would be helpful? I'm not one hundred percent sure where it is thiugh so it may take me a while to find it

check out these notes my teacher sent us:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LS0BBmFAMiv3qXpm8Rf-l5f1RN_QTIqdSeaT0yZzuY/edit
Yeah same, I did make a timeline at school for the whole of the germany topic, I could try and find it and send it to you if that would be helpful? I'm not one hundred percent sure where it is thiugh so it may take me a while to find it

Thankyou so much but today I spent the after noon doing a timeline so hopefully it'll go in my head now!

that's really helpful - thanks!
Thankyou so much but today I spent the after noon doing a timeline so hopefully it'll go in my head now!

Okay good, I couldn't find my timeline anyway:smile:
Hitler turns me on!
Ich liebe den Führer!!!

EIN VOLK EIN REICH EIN FÜHRER!!!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Do you do the Cold War as well? If so do you have the same style of notes for them as that would be helpful :smile:
Original post by Raven Gallop
Do you do the Cold War as well? If so do you have the same style of notes for them as that would be helpful :smile:

Sure, the notes may not be as good but here it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H_DamhhWv1MhdcjiiOLuGJ5s_9heX7nAqtnM3Pyi4KM/edit
hope it helps :smile:
can someone doing the cold war tell me if they can ask about the arms race as part of the cuban missile crisis??
Any predictions for Germany and Cold War paper?
Original post by mathphysics123
can someone doing the cold war tell me if they can ask about the arms race as part of the cuban missile crisis??

They can choose any section of the Cold War (including the arms race), yet it is less likely to come up rather than the more significant events (e.g Bay of Pigs ect.) :smile: However, it doesn't exactly directly link to the missile crisis either apart from the competition!
Original post by JãMéS
They can choose any section of the Cold War (including the arms race), yet it is less likely to come up rather than the more significant events (e.g Bay of Pigs ect.) :smile: However, it doesn't exactly directly link to the missile crisis either apart from the competition!

I can't find it anywhere on the syllabus though or any past paper questions on it. Do you have any notes you could share on it?

Quick Reply

Latest