The Student Room Group

Could anyone mark my AQA GCSE english language paper? Part 2.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ENG1H-INS-JUN14.PDF
2. Read source 2. Explain how the headline and picture are effective and how they link to the text. (8)
The headline is effective because it includes the phrase "defy elements" which makes the article sound like a fictional story, making the audience want to read the article. It contrasts to the text because in the text, it states how the participants "were left stranded" and which opposes to the idea that they stayed at the festival by choice as "defy elements" suggests. "Stranded" creates a sense that the "festival fans" were not there out of choice as the title suggests. This element links to the photo because the boy in the orange onesie seems to look as though he is having a good time because his facial expression shows him smiling. This suggests that he is having a good time and correlates to the title in the way that it implies that he stayed there by choice, but contrasts with the text in the same way as above.
The facts that the mud is stated to have "flowed like gravy" suggests that how wet and rainy it really was and lets the reader know about hoe "boggy" the sight actually was. this is displayed in the photo were the mud is shown to be very watery and squishy as described in the text. This is also reinforced in the title where it says "isle of mud". The pun refers to how the Isle of White is very muddy and exaggerates it to make it seem as though the Isle was totally covered in mud where as it was just the field in which the festival was happening.
Grade D , If you want to know why just quote this.
Reply 2
Original post by Ellieisaacs23
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-ENG1H-INS-JUN14.PDF
2. Read source 2. Explain how the headline and picture are effective and how they link to the text. (8)
The headline is effective because it includes the phrase "defy elements" which makes the article sound like a fictional story, making the audience want to read the article. It contrasts to the text because in the text, it states how the participants "were left stranded" and which opposes to the idea that they stayed at the festival by choice as "defy elements" suggests. "Stranded" creates a sense that the "festival fans" were not there out of choice as the title suggests. This element links to the photo because the boy in the orange onesie seems to look as though he is having a good time because his facial expression shows him smiling. This suggests that he is having a good time and correlates to the title in the way that it implies that he stayed there by choice, but contrasts with the text in the same way as above.
The facts that the mud is stated to have "flowed like gravy" suggests that how wet and rainy it really was and lets the reader know about hoe "boggy" the sight actually was. this is displayed in the photo were the mud is shown to be very watery and squishy as described in the text. This is also reinforced in the title where it says "isle of mud". The pun refers to how the Isle of White is very muddy and exaggerates it to make it seem as though the Isle was totally covered in mud where as it was just the field in which the festival was happening.

You're not understanding the question - Only link the headline to the text and then link the image to the text. Don't link the headline and image
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Grade D , If you want to know why just quote this.
hi please could you let me know what I did wrong? and what mark out of 8 it would get?
Original post by Ellieisaacs23
hi please could you let me know what I did wrong? and what mark out of 8 it would get?

You have not structured your work in to paragraphs, If you don't do this you can't expect more than a D.

Every sentence containing a quote you make should start a new paragraph.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending