The Student Room Group

Is it a bad idea to visit my colleges in the last week of August?

I am aware that most begin then and I am not sure if I should go to see them during the first week as it will be busy and the new students will just begin settling in. I could also go in October, do you think it would be more appropriate to visit them then or will it not matter?
Original post by nicole236
I am aware that most begin then and I am not sure if I should go to see them during the first week as it will be busy and the new students will just begin settling in. I could also go in October, do you think it would be more appropriate to visit them then or will it not matter?

If you would like to be able to ask questions of students, choosing October will be the better option. Going on either date will provide a feel for the campus - even if new students are settling in, there will be a number of students who are in their second, or third year. From my perspective, simply visiting a campus should provide some idea of whether you like the school or not.

Which universities are you planning to visit?
Reply 2
Original post by zombiejon
If you would like to be able to ask questions of students, choosing October will be the better option. Going on either date will provide a feel for the campus - even if new students are settling in, there will be a number of students who are in their second, or third year. From my perspective, simply visiting a campus should provide some idea of whether you like the school or not.

Which universities are you planning to visit?

Thank you for your advice, I am planning on visiting Boston University (BU), Northeastern, Tufts, Brandeis and NYU.

Are you applying too?
Well past that age. Just trying to see if you are visiting any campuses I've been to before.
Since that's during orientation for many schools, students might be feeling overwhelmed at having just arrived. It might be better to visit slightly later or earlier. That way people will happily answer any questions and shouldn't be in too much of a rush to help you out. The atmosphere will be much nicer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending