The Student Room Group

I think I messed up.... how can I fix it

Ok I sat my law exams yesterday and I think in my change of question to answer I've numbered my problem question wrong.

I've sent an email to OCR to check but I have this little niggle in my mind that I have numbered it wrong accidently.

Will they do anything for me if I have or are they going to give me a big fat 0? Maybe they'll take into account at appeal if they mark me 0 for that part because I made the effort to let them know?

I am so unsure lol whether I actually made the mistake or not but I sat a resit aswell and I know I answered 4 on the 2nd paper and wrote the right question numbers but I cant remember about the first paper :s-smilie:

Help me somebody, at least ease my mind?!
omg this happened to me as well , i wrote the wrong question num dwn and on some i didnt even write the question number dwn. AQA said it didnt matter at all ! xxxxxxx
Reply 2
My exam board is OCR. I emailed them anyway so i'll see what they say.
Reply 3
i dont think it matters :smile:
I did this last year in my English Literature GCSE paper, and mine still got marked. Examiners are obliged to mark whatever you give in, and it should be obvious from reading your answer what question you did anyway. They wouldn't refuse to mark your answer on the grounds of giving the wrong or no question number, putting the right question number obviously just serves to make their lives a little easier. There's been a thread on this before and everyone said the same thing as me in reply. I'm 99.9% sure they will mark it so stop worrying :smile:
Reply 5
sequinpeach
I did this last year in my English Literature GCSE paper, and mine still got marked. Examiners are obliged to mark whatever you give in, and it should be obvious from reading your answer what question you did anyway. They wouldn't refuse to mark your answer on the grounds of giving the wrong or no question number, putting the right question number obviously just serves to make their lives a little easier. There's been a thread on this before and everyone said the same thing as me in reply. I'm 99.9% sure they will mark it so stop worrying :smile:

ok well i emailed anyway so they'll verify whether it is a problem or not. Thankfully it was on the problem question and i will have put the persons name so its pretty obvious.

Imagine if u got a really grumpy marker :frown:
Reply 6
they`ll be fine i did this a year or two ago and they just mark it for the right question
Reply 7
They're only human! Some of the moderators might be tight with how many marks they give but they aren't going to disregard an entire paper because it has the wrong question number on it!
Reply 8
yeah yourll be fone, i did it on my OCR Problem and didnt even realise until i got my paper back ,and they just marked it anyway.
Reply 9
Yeh they emailed me back today and said it will be fine. No worries now. Thanks everyone for reassuring me!

Exams are a horrible stressful time.

Latest