The Student Room Group

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME

I'm about to sit my a2 exams and have just been diagnosed with ME after struggling with it slowly getting worse and worse for the past year. I can't retain anything and I'm constantly aching and needing to sleep. I'm waiting to see what kind of special consideration I can get but the Internet has been very mixed on terms of how supportive school and universities can be. I'm hoping to go to Cardiff to do psychology with a placement year but I need A*AB and well, that's not going to happen. They have been known to be vey leanient but I'm not sure how much, and I'm worried I won't even get ABB despite my AAC last year. Does anyone know if the uni will give any leniency for my condition? Might they offer me a place or even a deferred place or am I completely screwed? I desperately want to go but another part of me wonders if I might struggle, as I'm not sure if my condition will get worse still as it is now. At the moment I'm desperately trying to revise for my four exams but I can't remember barely anything and it's stressing me out which is only making me more tired! Any advice out there? Should I take a year out? I'm so lost :frown:
Original post by Jhbragg1998
I'm about to sit my a2 exams and have just been diagnosed with ME after struggling with it slowly getting worse and worse for the past year. I can't retain anything and I'm constantly aching and needing to sleep. I'm waiting to see what kind of special consideration I can get but the Internet has been very mixed on terms of how supportive school and universities can be. I'm hoping to go to Cardiff to do psychology with a placement year but I need A*AB and well, that's not going to happen. They have been known to be vey leanient but I'm not sure how much, and I'm worried I won't even get ABB despite my AAC last year. Does anyone know if the uni will give any leniency for my condition? Might they offer me a place or even a deferred place or am I completely screwed? I desperately want to go but another part of me wonders if I might struggle, as I'm not sure if my condition will get worse still as it is now. At the moment I'm desperately trying to revise for my four exams but I can't remember barely anything and it's stressing me out which is only making me more tired! Any advice out there? Should I take a year out? I'm so lost :frown:

I think your best bet is to call the uni and see what they say and also speak to their student support department to know what support you could get if you decide to go.
Reply 2
If it gets worse don't go.

Quick Reply

Latest