The Student Room Group

3C and 4C Government and Politics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by fkaclocksx
is a question like this “‘Race has ceasedto be a significant issue in US politics.’ Discuss.” likely to come up?

Maybe, but that exact question was used in June '14 paper, so unlikely to repeat it within 2 years.
Hey what questions are predicted to come up?
Original post by elchapo97
Hey what questions are predicted to come up?

3C: Something to do with the Electoral College/nomination process, a 45 marker on pressure groups

4C: The process of appointing SCJs

I think those would be logical considering recent events but this paper is harder to predict :s-smilie:
Reply 63
its nice to see a govt pol blog - so many examples to remember
What tends to usually be the pressure group 45 marker? I've seen lots of 15 markers for it but the 45 markers seem harder. Does anybody have any essay plans?
Reply 65
What about the Judiciary as the "least dangerous branch"? as a prediction
Original post by Lion467

Isn't it usually about how the Judiciary is the most dangerous/becoming an 'imperial judiciary'?
Reply 67
Original post by antigone-
Isn't it usually about how the Judiciary is the most dangerous/becoming an 'imperial judiciary'?

Yeah, on the expanded version of the specification under the sub heading judicial review it has "least dangerous branch" basically can the supreme court still be view as the least dangerous branch. Where we'd discuss how did the Founding fathers envision them, consequences of judicial review, lack of checks, show where they have exceeded their constitutional powers ..ect
Original post by Lion467
Yeah, on the expanded version of the specification under the sub heading judicial review it has "least dangerous branch" basically can the supreme court still be view as the least dangerous branch. Where we'd discuss how did the Founding fathers envision them, consequences of judicial review, lack of checks, show where they have exceeded their constitutional powers ..ect

Ahh okay, that's a good question!
Original post by Lion467

The SC has come up as the 45 marker for the past 2 years, and a question about its power came up in 2014, so it's probably not that likely
Reply 70
Original post by antigone-
The SC has come up as the 45 marker for the past 2 years, and a question about its power came up in 2014, so it's probably not that likely

True, my fingers are still crossed though lol
Reply 71
I swear that the Supreme Court has come up as a 45 marker for the past 4 years now, surely it won't come up as a topic this summer?
Original post by nta786
I swear that the Supreme Court has come up as a 45 marker for the past 4 years now, surely it won't come up as a topic this summer?

I feel like Congress is highly likely this year and that might mean that SC doesn't come up, but who knows
Original post by nta786

Yeah I think the SC is unlikely to come up as a 45 marker

I think a 15 marker on the process of appointing an SCJ is possible though
sorry this probably sounds really stupid but i keep on getting confused, could someone please clear this up?

what is the difference between the left and right wing in us politics and what is moderate conservatism? is it the same or different from conservatism?

thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 75
I think the 4C 45 marker will be a question on Obamas tenure - like are all 2nd terms post midterms a failure or the 6 year itch theory
How would you answer "To what extent has Congress increased the reach of its power through expansive reading of the necessary and proper clause"
Reply 77
There is about 10 times more things to know compared to AS :./
Original post by wania98
I think the 4C 45 marker will be a question on Obamas tenure - like are all 2nd terms post midterms a failure or the 6 year itch theory

How would you answer a question like this? Do you have an essay plan you wouldn't mind sharing please? :smile:
Okay so today my teacher gave us 8 15 markers that she thinks are likely to come up but probably worded differently:

Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the electoral college
To what extent are caucuses an appropriate means of selecting candidates?
Which groups of voters are likely to support the democratic party and why?
Explain the issues that have created the deepest divisions between the two major parties since 2008
Explain the meaning of the term 'iron triangles' and assess their significance
How and why do pressure groups attempt to influence the senate?
Why is immigration reform by the Obama administration viewed as a failure?
What is affirmative action, and what are the justifications for it?

Obviously these aren't guaranteed but it may help? :smile:

Quick Reply