The Student Room Group

A2 Grades

If i achieve A*A*B instead of AAA would my chances of getting into med school be significantly reduced? The A*'s being in Biology and Chemistry with the B being in Psychology.
Reply 1
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by Louisss
If i achieve A*A*B instead of AAA would my chances of getting into med school be significantly reduced? The A*'s being in Biology and Chemistry with the B being in Psychology.

Yes, most places want AAA, and although your combination gets more UCAS points, it is not considered equivalent by most universities.
Original post by Louisss

I think it depends on the university. Maybe email them to check?
Original post by Louisss

Not really because you over achieved in two grades and dropped in one and it also depends where you want to go. What did you get in GCSE's?
Reply 5
It won't meet the minimum for almost all medical schools. Even though biology and Chem are really good the B will prevent you from meeting offers. You'll need a minimum of AAA for almost all. I think UCLan might take AAB so you need to check.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending