Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Help a level choices

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Hii im a GCSE student and really not sure what to do for a levels. I want to look into a career option in veterinary but am not too sure. I do triple science at school and enjoy all the sciences though physics is my absolute fave but i wanna know if its a lot harder in a levels also if choosing physics biology chemistry and psychology a good idea. They are all sciences but i cant help it i like science ??? (P.s i hate maths and suck at it but realise you cant do physics without maths is there anyone that did physics without maths)

Don't do psychology it sounds really good and then you start it and it's horrendous!! I've wasted 9 months on that class

Math A-level is actually really good and much more interesting than GCSE, but I don't do physics so idc how important it is but I can imagine it is difficult to do physics without math

Biology and chemistry are hard. They need a lot of work and you have to be dedicated and out in the time if you want top grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both the physics and maths courses I did have a mechanics module which is almost the sams in both subjects. This means ur peers who do maths+phys will have a headstart on u. The rest of physics also involves a lot of maths, and it obviously only gets harder in A2. I did really well in physics bc Im good at maths.
    Physics A level is interesting but its very different to GCSE and you might struggle with the amount of maths in it if its not ur strongest subject. To decide, think about the balance between enjoyability and effort; is it worth it?

I did 3 sciences (+maths). Theres no such thing as an easy a level. U will have to put a load of work in no matter what subjects u do so 3 sciences is also doable but ur grades heavily depend on the amount of work u do. If u enjoy them then generally u will do well in them. Personally i find the sciences way easier than any essay subjects etc. so difficulty of an a level is subjective really.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.