The Student Room Group
Reply 1
t-reznor
care to share any pointers as to how to tackle the exam ?

yeah i am
im just gonna look through exam papers and markschemes honestly
what book have you been studying this option from?
Reply 2
I'm doing this paper to... just doing the same thing really going through notes, exam papers and markschemes making sure I have enough background knowledge to get the highest marks.
It should be ok I think :smile:
Reply 3
yeah , is it just me or is question c) pretty much the same each year?
Reply 4
Yeah, it always seems to focus on public opinion
Reply 5
mm.. and if you hunt hard enough, there are past A grade answers on the AQA website - pretty much a memory test and having to crowbar in the sources
Reply 6
yeh i agree , do you reckon direct quotation from historians is necessary or would just summarising their view be enough?
Reply 7
hmm... having the odd quote at hand is good, but the examiners won't mind if you just summarise their opinion and stick a name to it. - Quotes are always good, and i'm trying to sort out a few in my mind, but mostly contemporary ones rather than historians.
Reply 8
im doing this exam as well, i need to do well on it coz i ****ed up one of the european history exam :redface:
it shouldnt be too bad though, when ive dont practice past exam questions i usually get high C's or B's

Paula
Yeah, it always seems to focus on public opinion

the exam paper title is Appeasement and Public opinion, so that could be why the exam question is always on public opinon :ninja: lol
Reply 9
what did everyone think of the exam? i thought it went quite well, although question 1b didnt look very nice to begin with but it wasnt too bad,lol
hmm.. t'was OK, the questions were worded differently to what has been see nin the past, but the content is similar.
the questions were a lot nicer than the european history exam i did on monday :p:
Reply 12
Yeah, I thought it was alright other two papers on monday were better though I think.

Latest

Trending

Trending