The Student Room Group

English Language - Of Mice and Men

Hello, I am currently studying for my english language exams in a about a week. Any tips on how to maximise my grade (resources, youtube vids etc), I a on a B grade at the moment and i am aiming for that A*, thank you!!
Reply 1
As they often say, no quotes no hope! Pick out key quotes from the text and make sure you revise them, annotate them, so that you can use it for the exam.
Hey I was on a B in my mocks but got the A*. The best thing you can do for Mice and Men is to look at past paper questions and do them.It might be too time-consuming so instead, make a plan and jot down the key ideas and quotes you would use if you got that as your question. Mark it work harshly (so you know what the minimum grade you'll get is) and look at model answers. Preferably, for the marking bit, it's best if someone else did it - you could e-mail your teacher your answers or ask a friend.

If you have time, you could write down a list of questions that could possible come up and answer them. This way, you hopefully won't be surprised when you see what the question is.

Good luck :h:
Reply 3
Help! In my Literature exam I think I accidently skipped a couple pages of the answer booklet when I tried to flip the page. Now there would be a huge gap between the two sets of writing. Do the examiners scan every page of the answer booklet or shall I panic?
Reply 4
Original post by Teenw123
Help! In my Literature exam I think I accidently skipped a couple pages of the answer booklet when I tried to flip the page. Now there would be a huge gap between the two sets of writing. Do the examiners scan every page of the answer booklet or shall I panic?

Don't worry!! The whole booklet gets scanned, and as long as you wrote when you started your answer it will be fine! So as long as you wrote the question number in the margin where you started your answer it will be ok!

Quick Reply

Latest