The Student Room Group

PwC summer internship AC advice/help needed?

I have a PwC AC coming up for a summer internship. In the email it says it's a basic AC that will last approximately 4 hours, it consist of:

Numerical & diagrammatic reasoning tests
A written exercise
Anindividual or group exercise

Is there any advice I could get for this AC? I have got some hints from other websites like wiki jobs.

Also the email does not mention anything about a partner interview? I was under the impression that the AC is the final stage and at the AC I would have a partner interview?
Partner interview is the next stage after you pass the assessment centre.

Tbh, best place for some valuable insight is wikijobs - some posters have even detailed the group exercise and what it includes; pass mark for the psychometric tests etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by College rocks
Partner interview is the next stage after you pass the assessment centre.

Tbh, best place for some valuable insight is wikijobs - some posters have even detailed the group exercise and what it includes; pass mark for the psychometric tests etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks do u if the written report is done by hand or on a computer?

And diagrammatically test is the same as logical reasoning right?
Its done on paper.

Your report has to be of no more than 2 A4 sides, so make sure you dont run out of space because they will not provide you an additional sheet, and an incomplete report is an automatic fail.

And yes, by diagrammatical they mean logical.
Reply 4
Its done on paper.

Your report has to be of no more than 2 A4 sides, so make sure you dont run out of space because they will not provide you an additional sheet, and an incomplete report is an automatic fail.

And yes, by diagrammatical they mean logical.

For the report do they just care about the structure of it?
No, they mark you on other categories such as spelling, grammar, content etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. After doing some research I found that the written report consist of a scenario with 5 or 6 solutions and you have to write a report on the solutions. Also many people were saying that if you're running out of time you should just skip to the conclusion.

So say if I'm running out of time and I haven't discussed 1 of the solutions in my report should I just ignore that one solution and skip to the conclusion where I discuss the other solutions?

Also is true that you shouldn't write in bullet points?
Because I was thinking of structuring my report like this:

Introduction

Solution 1
Pros: 4 or 5 bullet points
Cons: 4 or 5 bullet points

Sum up overall impact of solution 1:

And I would do this for the rest of the solutions too.

And finally conclusion:

Do you think this is a good structure or is it too basic?
Reply 7
Does any1 know if u should use bullets points for the written report? On wiki jobs some say to use them some say don't so a little confused?
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey just a reminder in case u forgot, u said u were gonna reply in 10 mins yesterday.
Yeh, got caught up in something again.

Re: Structure

Bullet points is the way forward! When I received my feedback, they actually commended the fact that I used bullet points to keep the report concise and to the point. They are not looking for long discursive answers and you wont hav time for them anyway. The structure ur thinking of ia perfect. One or two sentences to explain the solution and bullet points under subheadings for the pros and cons...

With regards to finishing the report and discussing all of the issues; i am not 100% sure but all the solutions have to be discussed along with the recommendation. The recommendation is mandatory but dont take the risk with the solutions too - its only 4 to discuss anyway.

Dont spend too much time on the intro. 3 lines is more than enough to start the report. The main thing is the content and the completion in its entirety.
Reply 10

Bullet points is the way forward! When I received my feedback, they actually commended the fact that I used bullet points to keep the report concise and to the point. They are not looking for long discursive answers and you wont hav time for them anyway. The structure ur thinking of ia perfect. One or two sentences to explain the solution and bullet points under subheadings for the pros and cons...

With regards to finishing the report and discussing all of the issues; i am not 100% sure but all the solutions have to be discussed along with the recommendation. The recommendation is mandatory but dont take the risk with the solutions too - its only 4 to discuss anyway.

Dont spend too much time on the intro. 3 lines is more than enough to start the report. The main thing is the content and the completion in its entirety.

Thanks a lot, you've been great help my AC is tomorrow.
Reply 11

Also for the report do u know if you can write on the information pack they give u? I'm think of underlining all the pro and cons of each solution as I read.
No u cant - those pacls will be used by other csndidates so its not a good idea to do so.

All the best. Which office? Im going to be working in Tax as well in sept.
Reply 13
No u cant - those pacls will be used by other csndidates so its not a good idea to do so.

My AC is in the 7 more office, for corporate tax in Uxbridge office.
Reply 14

Do u think it's easy to find the pros and cons of each solution?
And do u think 2 pros and 2 cons for each solutions is good enough?
2 pros and cons are sufficient. If youre short on time then even 1 pro and con for a solution will do.

The pros and cons have to be ascertained through reading articles, crunching the numbers provided, and reading the graphs. For example, graphs will show which solution is most likely to be received fvourably. You look at the numbers to see which is the cheapest solution. And the articles will give you general pros and cons; not exactly having a subheading to help you, you just have to quickly read and infer.
Reply 16
2 pros and cons are sufficient. If youre short on time then even 1 pro and con for a solution will do.

The pros and cons have to be ascertained through reading articles, crunching the numbers provided, and reading the graphs. For example, graphs will show which solution is most likely to be received fvourably. You look at the numbers to see which is the cheapest solution. And the articles will give you general pros and cons; not exactly having a subheading to help you, you just have to quickly read and infer.

Ahh so is the pack all mixed up or is it in order? I read on wiki jobs that it's around 16 pages so I would assume 4 pages for each solution and on each of them.
The graphs are on a separate page as are the tables with numbers, but each solution has its own pages; all solutions are not mixed together if thats wat ur asking.

Majority of it is useless and doesnt need to be read so dont spend too much time reading

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending