The Student Room Group

How to go to parties without Muslim parents finding out?

My parents are not okay with me going to parties so I miss out on a lot of stuff. On Saturday my friends had a party so I said told my mum I was going late night ice skating with my friends and would be home by 10. I went to the party and it was really fun but I ended up losing my Oyster card so it took me ages to try and look for it but I couldn't find it and then the bus home took ages to come. I ended up getting home at 11. My mum and brother were really really mad at me. My mum said I can't go out past 8pm anymore :frown:. There's another party on Friday but I'm obviously not gonna go but for future parties what can I say to my parents as an excuse for being out late? It's annoying because I met some really cool people who I would like to get to know some more. What excuses can I use? Thank you
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Could you not say you were going to a sleepover or something?

And don't forget,

Self respect and a hymen are better than friends and popularity :colone:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

smooth dig, real smooth.. lmfao.
Original post by Angry Bird
smooth dig, real smooth.. lmfao.

Thanks tbh :u:
Reply 4
allah is always watching

ur gonna be sent to hell for disobeying ur parents cuz its a huge sin in the quran lol
Reply 5
How about you free yourself from this oppressive culture and do what you want?
You joined tsr just to post that?
Reply 7
Just say it's someones birthday and you are going for a meal or to the cinema.
Original post by dnr_23
allah is always watching

ur gonna be sent to hell for disobeying ur parents cuz its a huge sin in the quran lol

If she went to parties and didn't do anything apart from dancing and hanging out with her friends I don't see why she would go to hell..
Sorry to break it to you but - if your parents/family are pious Muslims, they are conservative, prejudiced and sexist in such a way that will not allow you to go to parties, have boyfriends or do anything else that's healthy if the big invisible man in the sky doesn't approve of, especially through his totally non-fictional prophet and his deplorable writings.

Conclusion? Stick through it while you have to, then move out and start living a healthy, free life without sexist limitations of Islam. Please try to enjoy life as much as you can in the meantime. I wish you good luck.
Reply 10
If she went to parties and didn't do anything apart from dancing and hanging out with her friends I don't see why she would go to hell..

lol it was a joke shes not gonna go to hell but um lying is a sin
Original post by dnr_23
lol it was a joke shes not gonna go to hell but um lying is a sin

Ahh didn't realise. Some people on here are so over zealous.
Stop lying to ur mum for a start. There is no good to come from that.
Could you not say you were going to a sleepover or something?

And don't forget,

Ermm, how does being a virgin/not being a virgin affect your sense of self respect? That's up to you to decide
Original post by eatpigeons
Ermm, how does being a virgin/not being a virgin affect your sense of self respect? That's up to you to decide

I was joking dude. It's a quote from the Big Bang Theory.
I was joking dude. It's a quote from the Big Bang Theory.

lol i got that one
Im assuming you're one of them 'liberal muslims'
Original post by lolatmaths
lol i got that one

As quoted by my darling mother at the end of the year when she was signing my yearbook :u:
As quoted by my darling mother at the end of the year when she was signing my yearbook :u:

You're one fan arent ya?

Amy is so loveable isnt she lool
Original post by Trapz99
How about you free yourself from this oppressive culture and do what you want?

Wowwwwwww, sound advice. >_>

And you got thumbs up for it too, so many TSR users just completely lack a brain.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest