The Student Room Group

English Language GCSE, possible topics section B

Hi guys, I'm currently prepping for my English Language GCSE exam. Does anyone know if there are popular topics that may come up in section B of the paper or is it anyone's guess?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Something similar to:

Write a letter to your head teacher arguing that you should be able to wear what you want to school.

Write an article for your school website which persuades prospective parents to send their children to your school.

Write a letter to your parents in which you persuade them to let you go on holiday with a friend this summer.

Write the text for a speech in which you argue for or against compulsory PE lessons.

Is always going to be similar to these kinda questions, I just hope is going to be a easy and smooth topic :smile:

Hope this helps
Reply 2
Thank you for responding. A letter to my parents asking for permission to go on holiday should be fun... Considering I'm 33 😂

I hope it's easy too. I've been offered a conditional place to study law and criminology in September so passing this exam is crucial!

I recieved 62/80 in my CA which isn't too bad and makes me feel slightly more confident with tackling the exam.

Thanks again for responding. And good luck with your exam :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Hayley_cop
Thank you for responding. A letter to my parents asking for permission to go on holiday should be fun... Considering I'm 33 😂

I hope it's easy too. I've been offered a conditional place to study law and criminology in September so passing this exam is crucial!

I recieved 62/80 in my CA which isn't too bad and makes me feel slightly more confident with tackling the exam.

Thanks again for responding. And good luck with your exam :smile:

We're on the same boat I need my C to get into Kent university. Also I have the same mark as you on the control assessment. Have you got any idea on what we need to get to archive a grade C? My teacher said 40/80 but I highly doubt that since her maths is terrible.

And you too hope we both pass!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
I've been informed that I need to achieve at least 49/80 to obtain a C grade. I would much prefer it if were 40/80 though :smile:
Hello Guys ,does your Exam include creative writing and prose& Shakespeare? Iam doing Edexcel English exam next week .
Reply 6
Hey, it does include creative writing in section B, but doesn't include prose and Shakespeare. I'm sitting AQA English Language
Original post by Hayley_cop
Hey, it does include creative writing in section B, but doesn't include prose and Shakespeare. I'm sitting AQA English Language

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest