The Student Room Group

Grades for medicine?

Are these GCSE grades good for medicine?

A* - Bio
A* - Chem
A - Physics (triple science)
A - English Lit
A - English Lang
A* - ICT
A - History
A* - Psychology
B - Arabic
A - Mathematics
B - FSMQ OCR Maths

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by RandomStudent66

A* - Bio
A* - Chem
A - English Lit
A - English Lang
A* - ICT
A - History
A* - Psychology
B - Arabic
A - Mathematics
B - FSMQ OCR Maths

Thanks

They are perfectly fine except for the most GCSE heavy universities. So avoid Cardiff, Birmingham and Oxford. Well done on a stellar set of results 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

A* - Bio
A* - Chem
A - English Lit
A - English Lang
A* - ICT
A - History
A* - Psychology
B - Arabic
A - Mathematics
B - FSMQ OCR Maths

Thanks

What the above poster said - just apply strategically.

More information on applying/required grades here (though always check the relevant university websites because this isn't regularly updated): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine.
Reply 3
They're fine. Your A-levels are what's going to really count.
Original post by mliela
They are perfectly fine except for the most GCSE heavy universities. So avoid Cardiff, Birmingham and Oxford. Well done on a stellar set of results 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks for the advice. I'm hoping to do very well in the IB so that I can make sure that I get into Medical School.

Thanks
Reply 5
Ok thanks for the advice. I'm hoping to do very well in the IB so that I can make sure that I get into Medical School.

Thanks

Glad I could help. Work hard and good luck. Try to get some work experience and volunteering in too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

Hello,

Your GCSE grades are very good - well done! You can certainly apply for Medicine.

We spoke to every UK Medical School to ask them about their entry requirements for the 2016/2017 application cycle and have updated our Medical School Comparison Table.

Click on the link above to start comparing Unis and to see their IB grade requirements!

Hope you find it useful :smile:

The Medic Portal
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hello,

Your GCSE grades are very good - well done! You can certainly apply for Medicine.

We spoke to every UK Medical School to ask them about their entry requirements for the 2016/2017 application cycle and have updated our Medical School Comparison Table.

Click on the link above to start comparing Unis and to see their IB grade requirements!

Hope you find it useful :smile:

The Medic Portal

Oh wow Thanks I will be sure to use this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending