The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Summer University Experience

Has anybody else been accepted onto the Royal Holloway summer residential? I couldn't find any existing forums and I'm intrigued to find other people that are going (21/06/16-23/06/16)
Reply 1
Original post by emilymcpartland
Has anybody else been accepted onto the Royal Holloway summer residential? I couldn't find any existing forums and I'm intrigued to find other people that are going (21/06/16-23/06/16)

Hey, I have!

rep this and PM ME
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm going, 21-23rd june! I'm quite excited, and looking forward to meeting everyone. I just found this forum after looking for a while. I don't think there is any other one.
Original post by shivtek
I'm going, 21-23rd june! I'm quite excited, and looking forward to meeting everyone. I just found this forum after looking for a while. I don't think there is any other one.

Me too, I can't wait to meet everyone! I know, I spent ages trying to find something on it but I think this must be the only forum. It's nice to speak to somebody else who is going.
Reply 4
Hi, wondering if anyone has got anything in the post about the event? I'm sending an email down now because I was told we'd get something soon.
Original post by shivtek
Hi, wondering if anyone has got anything in the post about the event? I'm sending an email down now because I was told we'd get something soon.

All I've received is an email with an attachment stating all the information about the day and a provisional itinerary, if you haven't got it I can send it to you. Have you told them how you're getting there etc.? That information was supposed to be emailed to them by today.
Reply 6
All I've received is an email with an attachment stating all the information about the day and a provisional itinerary, if you haven't got it I can send it to you. Have you told them how you're getting there etc.? That information was supposed to be emailed to them by today.

They've been really bad at communicating with me! I had to email them to find out if they'd gotten my parental consent form in the post, 2 weeks after they should've told me. I'd highly appreciate an email, thank you!
Reply 7
That's terrible! I don't understand why they haven't contacted you. Enclosed are all the emails and documents that have been sent to me, if need be I can give you my email through private message and forward the emails directly but everything is in the attachments

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate this.
Original post by shivtek

Hi Shivtek,

Please can you private message me your full name and email address so that I can check we have correct record of your contact details?

Camilla :smile:
Reply 9
Wondering if anyone would be interested in a game of Uno.
Throwing that out there in hope that someone says yes because I still have my two decks from 7 years ago.
Original post by shivtek
Wondering if anyone would be interested in a game of Uno.
Throwing that out there in hope that someone says yes because I still have my two decks from 7 years ago.

Sounds like a good idea, at least they'll get some use.

Do you have any ideas of what you're wearing to the fancy dress party? I have no clue!

I did this last year!!! Can't believe time has gone so quickly

Do you have any ideas of what you're wearing to the fancy dress party? I have no clue!

Fancy dress that's so cool! We only had disco and outdoor games. The games were fun but the disco was dead...
Reply 13

Same here! I haven't really got anything remotely costume like. Might just sew up San old bed sheet into a cloak or something haha
Hey guys! I have applied to the Summer University Experience and I haven't heard back yet? If you aren't successful are you not notified? And if you are successful roughly when did you hear back from them and how? Sorry for all the questions - just anxious for a response!
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Poppyandpebbles
Hey guys! I have applied to the Summer University Experience and I haven't heard back yet? If you aren't successful are you not notified? And if you are successful roughly when did you hear back from them and how? Sorry for all the questions - just anxious for a response!
Thank you! :smile:

Hi PoppyandPebbles,

It's great to hear you've applied for our Summer University Experience! :five:

The closing date for applications for this year is 25th April, so you'll hear back about it some time after then. The fab team who run the event will definitely be in touch with you to let you know whether or not you're successful, so just keep an eye on your emails/phone!

Have you applied for the Arts or the Science residential?

Summer :smile:
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi PoppyandPebbles,

It's great to hear you've applied for our Summer University Experience! :five:

The closing date for applications for this year is 25th April, so you'll hear back about it some time after then. The fab team who run the event will definitely be in touch with you to let you know whether or not you're successful, so just keep an eye on your emails/phone!

Have you applied for the Arts or the Science residential?

Hi Summer! Ah I'm so relieved! I thought the closing date was at the end of March so was concerned whether I was accepted or not. I was hoping to attend the Arts residential as this would aid my knowledge and application for the English and Music course.
Thank you for replying so promptly! :biggrin:

Amy
Original post by Poppyandpebbles
Hi Summer! Ah I'm so relieved! I thought the closing date was at the end of March so was concerned whether I was accepted or not. I was hoping to attend the Arts residential as this would aid my knowledge and application for the English and Music course.
Thank you for replying so promptly! :biggrin:

Amy

Hi Amy,

Great to hear you're feeling calmer about it! We definitely won't leave you in the lurch about it, and will let you know asap. Awesome to hear you already know what subject you want to do - do you play a specific instrument?

The residentials are really fun - I've worked a few as a student ambassador, and wish I'd known they were a thing when I was applying! You get to try out loads of different subject sessions and live on campus. If I remember correctly some of the evenings we ran silly quizzes and movie nights, and it's just generally a great time. :biggrin:

Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi Amy,

Great to hear you're feeling calmer about it! We definitely won't leave you in the lurch about it, and will let you know asap. Awesome to hear you already know what subject you want to do - do you play a specific instrument?

The residentials are really fun - I've worked a few as a student ambassador, and wish I'd known they were a thing when I was applying! You get to try out loads of different subject sessions and live on campus. If I remember correctly some of the evenings we ran silly quizzes and movie nights, and it's just generally a great time. :biggrin:

Haha, one of my biggest flaws is to overly stress! That's fantastic, I play the flute! I'm doing my grade 8 next month, then moving on to my diploma. OMG I love quizzes!! Can't wait!

Amy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending