The Student Room Group

Need hair help!!! Way too blonde

I have brown hair, but always get blonde/caramel highlights. I got it re done yesterday and the hairdresser made it wayyyy too blonde, can I put a box product on it to darken it or will this make the blonde bits go green?!?
A picture might help see how bad it is but honestly it can't be all that bad.
Your best bet would be to go back to the hairdresser and ask them to fix it. You've already damaged those parts of your hair enough (as it sounds like it's been over processed) so you don't really want to be putting more damaging products I.e box dye on your hair for risk of further damage. But if you do want to put a box dye over it, wait a few days at the very least and condition well. Without knowing what colour you choose, I can't tell you how it would turn out but darker colours should be fine (semi-permanent or less, to reduce damage).
Reply 3
Thanks!!
So if I put a wash-in caramel semi-permanant dye over the top it wouldn't be an absolute disaster?
Original post by ScarlettBM
Thanks!!
So if I put a wash-in caramel semi-permanant dye over the top it wouldn't be an absolute disaster?

It won't be to the extent that it turns green, no, in any case, it'll come out darker. But I'm not sure what your hair currently looks like but you should be fine.

Edit:
Also, if you don't like the colour or it comes out too dark, it'll fade quicker.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply