Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Loan as migrant worker - requirements

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I am going to apply for a maintenance loan as an EU migrant worker, for the next academic year. I will be working part-time before the start of the term and also during my academic year as well.

    I had a small question: a letter from employer is required, confirming that I'm working and will continue working whilst studying;
    What kind of letter does my employer needs to write? Does my employer need to specify my salary and hours? Actually my work is regular but limited - it depends on projects I am given, so my salary can be only 100£ sometimes even less.
    Does it matter? Is a certain amount of hours required? Or is a minimum salary amount set?

    Also, shall I provide payslips now or later on?

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.