The Student Room Group

Do you support gay marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Alright I admit, my research on the particular subject of sex in a homosexual relationship is probably next to nothing. I may need to watch some "educational videos" to catch up with the rest of you.

But I'm still interested to whether he thinks homosexuals can have anal in Islam since I'm guessing that's what most homosexual men do. :holmes:
Original post by champ_mc99
Alright I admit, my research on the particular subject of sex in a homosexual relationship is probably next to nothing. I may need to watch some "educational videos" to catch up with the rest of you.

But I'm still interested to whether he thinks homosexuals can have anal in Islam since I'm guessing that's what most homosexual men do. :holmes:

Even if he doesn't, I'm pretty sure he thinks it's acceptable for homosexuals to do other sex acts. If I remember correctly Jhansen23 is a gay Muslim who's had gay sex and a boyfriend although he should correct me on this if I'm wrong :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
They can use strap-ons and such. :holmes:

Spoiler

No comment. :K:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well, if you're going to discuss these matters, then you can't be too squeamish/prudish. :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
Well, if you're going to discuss these matters, then you can't be too squeamish/prudish. :tongue:

Guys, I'm going to have to ask you to keep it clean. I know the discussion kind of went this way, and I'm not saying you have discussed anything too much, but we don't discuss specifics of sex and sex acts on TSR in accordance with the rules, so let's steer away from mentioning it more than in broad terms in the future.
Cheers.
I should have clarified what I meant by "sodomy". Isn't anal sex forbidden between a couple according to the hadith (something like don't have sex via the "back passage":wink:? I understand the rest (I've read the same from @The Epicurean who uses the same logic regarding Lut etc.) but my question is, if a man and man can marry, how would they have sex if anal is forbidden?

thanks for your clarification. when you study all the Hadith texts on anal intercourse there are 4 texts which prohibit anal intercourse, but their authenticity has been severely criticised. Then there are other texts that seem to refute the understanding that a consensus opinion against anal intercourse could be reached based on textual evidence. And then there are texts on Permissbility of anal intercourse -The Ibn ʿUmar texts.

That's right, it often surprises Muslims of what the Hadith actually say regarding anal intercourse.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ladbants
I know it is already legal in the UK but I was wondering what people thought about the issue.

Why support? it is just an ordinary marriage between two men.

Original post by BristolFresher15
I think it makes no sense to be against it.

Think so too. Furthermore it is not my concern when men are married.
Original post by minimarshmallow
we don't discuss specifics of sex and sex acts on TSR in accordance with the rules
Cheers.

Relax. TSR will get its advertiser's revenue either way.
Original post by Kallisto
Think so too. Furthermore it is not my concern when men are married.

Agreed. It has never had an effect on my life, so I don't care whether it happens or not.
Original post by BristolFresher15
Agreed. It has never had an effect on my life, so I don't care whether it happens or not.

Right. And even if it is one of my relatives, maye one of my closest one (say the brother), I have to respect this attitude to a relationship and I really do that.
Reply 490
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Sexual acts are still sex. As mentioned, lesbians can't have natural penetrative sex and it would be absurd to say that a practising lesbian couple who had never wanted to use toys such as dildos had never had sex.

You've never watched "Lesbian Fist Fury"?
Original post by Jhansen23
thanks for your clarification. when you study all the Hadith texts on anal intercourse there are 4 texts which prohibit anal intercourse, but their authenticity has been severely criticised. Then there are other texts that seem to refute the understanding that a consensus opinion against anal intercourse could be reached based on textual evidence. And then there are texts on Permissbility of anal intercourse -The Ibn ʿUmar texts.

That's right, it often surprises Muslims of what the Hadith actually say regarding anal intercourse.

Oh right. I'm aware that even Sahih Bukhari isn't always taken at face value, is this the same case with these hadith in Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud? Can you post the other texts which refute this prohibition too?

Just to re-iterate the point that the forum for discussing specific aspects of religious ideology is not this one. We are talking about civil marriage not marriage blessed or endorsed by any religious body.

What any religion says or believes regarding homosexuality or marriage between same sex couple is 100% irrelevant to any secular mater.

Nobody will any sense of rationality is going to say that a religious organisation should be forced to conduct gay marriage and I will defend the right of religious groups to stick to their principles as long as they do not try to interfere with the running of our national society under secular terms.

Gay marriage is here, it allows for full equality in our secular society and anyone arguing that it should not be permitted in a secular setting doesn't have any substantive argument to bak up his/her position.
Original post by Josb
You've never watched "Lesbian Fist Fury"?

And you have watched that? :lolwut:

Original post by Cooliomed

Nobody will any sense of rationality is going to say that a religious organisation should be forced to conduct gay marriage and I will defend the right of religious groups to stick to their principles as long as they do not try to interfere with the running of our national society under secular terms.

And do you defend the right of certain businesses to 'stick to their principles' and not provide services to certain ethnic or religious groups? This has always struck me as the most ludicrous part of the same-sex marriage argument: the apparent willingness of those on the same side as me to just create an exemption to anti-discrimination law for religious institutions for no other reason than 'because they shouldn't be forced to do anything they don't want.'
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't think there's no "issue" with Gay marriages. I support it ofc!
In my mind there are two questions: 1) Do I think same sex couples have the legal right to get married? Yes and 2) Do I think a same sex marriage is legitimately a marriage? No I don't,
To people who are against gay marriage: how does that affect your daily lives? How would you feel if it was the other way round and heterosexual marriages were not allowed?
Original post by limetang
In my mind there are two questions: 1) Do I think same sex couples have the legal right to get married? Yes and 2) Do I think a same sex marriage is legitimately a marriage? No I don't,

On what basis?
Original post by Grand High Witch
On what basis?

Why does that matter? I won't get in the way of same-sex couples that wish to marry. I will just hold my private view that same-sex marriage is not marriage.
Original post by Grand High Witch
On what basis?

Because he (@limetang) still thinks marriage is a religious institution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending