The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel English Language Of Mice and Men

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GCSE_core
Other than the shooting of candys dog (as that could be the extract given), what other extract could you use to analyse candy?

candy's dream
reaction to lennies death
Reply 21
Other than the shooting of candys dog (as that could be the extract given), what other extracts could you use to analyse candy?

Chapter 2 when George and Candy talk about the bunkhouse.

Chapter 4 when Candy goes into Crooks' room after Lennie.
Reply 22
Other than the shooting of candys dog (as that could be the extract given), what other extract could you use to analyse candy?

Chapter 2 when George talks to Candy about bunkhouse

Chapter 4 when Candy goes into Crooks' room after Lennie

When Candy joins George and Lennie's dream possibly???
Reply 24
Hi, although people are doing the GCSE exam with Edexcel, there are some who are doing GCSE English (The writer's craft, which has three questions on Of Mice and Men and a choice choosing 1 of the 2 writing task) and there are people like me who are doing the GCSE English Language (The writer's voice, which has two questions on Of Mice and Men and a choice of choosing 1 of the 2 writing task.
Does anyone know what the OMaM question for the Language paper was in November 2015? I can't find it anywhere online and I want to know so that I know what not to revise last minute.
Reply 26
Original post by ChildOfTheMist
Does anyone know what the OMaM question for the Language paper was in November 2015? I can't find it anywhere online and I want to know so that I know what not to revise last minute.

As it is a very recent exam they would not have it available for students. The latest exam paper available is the June 2015.
Original post by Meeraaa
As it is a very recent exam they would not have it available for students. The latest exam paper available is the June 2015.

Yeah but I just thought someone might have it from their teacher? For example my teacher gave me the November 2015 Edexcel Maths exam papers.
Original post by Sarenkaldn
I think I am doing a different exam :frown:it's so confusing . I have to write an essay ( creative writing part C ) , answer 3 questions about Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet and 3 questions on OMAM .This is Edexcel Exam board .

It's because your doing only one GCSE whereas we do two so you do something different ... that's what some people in my school do too. :smile:
Original post by ChildOfTheMist

It was "explore how language in the extract influences your view on Curley and his effect on other men in the extract"
the b) was "explore how Curley was presented in one other part of the novel"
Reply 30
Just a quick post, do you guys know how much time to spend on each question? I was thinking of spending 25-30 minutes on question 5a, and 35-40 minutes on 5b. And the remaining time to be spent on the either question 9 or 10. Do you agree?
Reply 31
Original post by vxrz
Just a quick post, do you guys know how much time to spend on each question? I was thinking of spending 25-30 minutes on question 5a, and 35-40 minutes on 5b. And the remaining time to be spent on the either question 9 or 10. Do you agree?

I think that is reasonable timings. :smile:

Also good luck everyone for your exam tomorrow.
Reply 32
How did everyone find it. I found it okay.
Reply 33
Original post by Meeraaa
How did everyone find it. I found it okay.

Tbh, I found it okay too :smile: Question 9 was a good question for creativity, where you had to write a speech to your headteacher about the type of celebration you'd like to do at the end your studies. The dream question (5a) baffled some, as they misunderstood the question. But in general, i liked it.
Reply 34
I found the wording really weird so i wasnt as able to do as well as i had hoped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending