The Student Room Group

Wasn't a date...

So there's this guy that I really like from work, and I finally built up the courage to ask him out for a coffee, only when we met it totally didn't feel like a date, and he'd obviously not interpreted it as me asking him out. So I'm not sure what to do next, like should I ask to meet again (but i don't want to seem annoying and weird), or should I tell him outright that I like him? Help :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
So there's this guy that I really like from work, and I finally built up the courage to ask him out for a coffee, only when we met it totally didn't feel like a date, and he'd obviously not interpreted it as me asking him out. So I'm not sure what to do next, like should I ask to meet again (but i don't want to seem annoying and weird), or should I tell him outright that I like him? Help :biggrin:

The truth
Reply 2
I'd interpret this as free coffee, as long as you're paying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take your time, there's nothing worse than rushing it
Original post by Anonymous

Are you M or F?
Take it slow and easy, :smile:
Reply 6
We split the bill (i guess another sign it wasn't a date!). Yeah I guess the truth would help me to know where I stand and there's no misinterpretation. It's just scary! I'm trying not to rush things, it's just difficult not knowing what he's thinking and whether I'm agonising over this for nothing :s-smilie:
Reply 7
I'm female :smile:
Reply 8
And the coffee was a few weeks ago so I'm not instantly rushng out to ask him out for another drink again :biggrin:
If you'd like to try again why not ask him to join you for a drink after work. Make sure you pay!! If drinks go well you could suggest going somewhere for dinner. Good Luck!
Reply 10
If you don't feel he's interested the best bet, from my experience, is to park it. If there is some interest increase the flirting and suggest something evening based like a drink and a bite to eat.
How old are you? Go for proper drinks and dress up nice :smile: He should get the hint then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending