The Student Room Group

To all current Y11s. Be confident in yourself and your decisions.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by niv1234
Yeah it is. Thats what everyone is saying but I really can't help it :smile: I really like languages- I do a lot of them in school so I wanted to do something with that or something like egyptology, anthropology or archaeology- I really enjoy that stuff. What do you want to be when you are older?

Yeah they are really strict and religious:colonhash:

Aw bless :smile: Yeh
I want to be a GP/Doctor most people say is it because of your parents blah blah but it's my own life and my parents were like as long as you do a good job then it's good :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
Aw bless :smile: Yeh
I want to be a GP/Doctor most people say is it because of your parents blah blah but it's my own life and my parents were like as long as you do a good job then it's good :biggrin:

Thats nice :smile:
Original post by niv1234
Thats good I really didn't know that. What Alevels did you do?

I do Economics, English Literature and History, but I know people apply with a wide range of subjects. It's something you've never studied before, so although there are some recommendations for subjects to take, there don't tend to be solid entry requirements in specific subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
OMG this is so weird!! I was just worrying about my A level choices :redface: Thank you a lot!!! It's funny because my friends tell me that I am going to be fine but a stranger on the Internet has reassured me more :blush::blush::blush:
Original post by Ella_08
Cheers! I decided to do all the humanities: history, geography and rs. Mainly because I enjoy them and i'm natural at them. I was going to do biology instead of RS but I think I'm glad I didn't choose it.... due to all the workload and graphs :s-smilie: but yeah I'm excited about A Levels, i know they're hard though, but I just want to drop all the crappy subjects haha

Good luck! :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
I do Economics, English Literature and History, but I know people apply with a wide range of subjects. It's something you've never studied before, so although there are some recommendations for subjects to take, there don't tend to be solid entry requirements in specific subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying thats really helpful. If you don't mind me asking, do you know what you are planning to do as a job afterwards?
Original post by niv1234
Thanks for replying thats really helpful. If you don't mind me asking, do you know what you are planning to do as a job afterwards?

Either academic Egyptology or maybe retail marketing or the civil service. My long term goal is to become a playwright, however. What are your career goals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Either academic Egyptology or maybe retail marketing or the civil service. My long term goal is to become a playwright, however. What are your career goals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea....
Original post by niv1234
I have no idea....

Then honestly, the subjects you're taking will be useful. Even if you wanted to study Law, for example, this would be possible with your subject combination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then honestly, the subjects you're taking will be useful. Even if you wanted to study Law, for example, this would be possible with your subject combination.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I hope so. :wink:

:fluffy:Thanks!
Original post by niv1234
Thanks, I hope so. :wink:

Good luck. I know it will work out for you and that you'll be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck. I know it will work out for you and that you'll be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we are both still on here in the future, I will be sure to tell you what I end up doing. :wink:
Reply 73
Dear Y11s,

I know that many of you will be choosing, or will have already chosen, A-Level subjects. I am a current Y13 student, and although I enjoy the subjects I study, I was very unsure of them to begin with. I was struggling to pick between the humanities and the sciences, or a mix of both, and ending up picking the humanities, because I believed that I was 'rubbish' at science, and I had always found humanity subjects easier.

I had previously intended to take Physics, or Maths and Physics, alongside my other subjects, but I was too scared. I ended up with A*s in both of these subjects, but still, even then, I didn't have enough confidence to take them. Now, I wish that I had at least taken Physics so I could prove myself wrong, because I know that I was and am capable of getting a good grade in a subject I am not naturally talented at.

If you are having doubts, please, at least try those subjects that you think that you might not be able to do but want to do anyway. Because more often than not, you can do them.

Best of luck.
Edminzodo

Do you have any advice on how to revise thoroughly in year 12 and 13 in order to get A* in every exam? Any exam tips or interesting ways to enjoy sixth form?

Thank you.
Original post by Ella_08
Cheers! I decided to do all the humanities: history, geography and rs. Mainly because I enjoy them and i'm natural at them. I was going to do biology instead of RS but I think I'm glad I didn't choose it.... due to all the workload and graphs :s-smilie: but yeah I'm excited about A Levels, i know they're hard though, but I just want to drop all the crappy subjects haha

They are not going to be hard at all with the subjects you are taking. Have fun enjoying life!
Original post by SaraBZ
Do you have any advice on how to revise thoroughly in year 12 and 13 in order to get A* in every exam? Any exam tips or interesting ways to enjoy sixth form?

Thank you.

Just review each topic and revise regularly. I made the mistake in Y12 of thinking that work was the only thing that mattered. I stopped volunteering, extra curricular activities and actually ended up spending more time procrastinating or sleeping than anything else. So my advice is to do your homework at school if you can, keep up with extra curricular activities and then spend your time at home finishing off your homework or revising. Personally, I don't make neat notes but you can make notes throughout the year if that's what you like to do. Your teachers are there to help you as well, so don't be afraid to ask them any questions. Good luck!
Original post by alevez2ez
They are not going to be hard at all with the subjects you are taking. Have fun enjoying life!

Just what a needed to hear! Thanks, guess i'll just be strolling my through life (: :vroam: jk
OoOooO nice i hope we do the same exam board :wink: i'll tell you which one i'm on when i find out. You want to do 4? I'm doing 3 and the EPQ thingy. which oneu not sure about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I'm planning on picking Maths psychology and computer science but want to drop one of those for accounting but feel that I won't enjoy accounting and much rather take one of those even though I plan on taking an accounting and finance degree in university any advice on this.
Original post by harun_farah
Hey I'm planning on picking Maths psychology and computer science but want to drop one of those for accounting but feel that I won't enjoy accounting and much rather take one of those even though I plan on taking an accounting and finance degree in university any advice on this.

You don't need to study Accounting at A-Level to do it at university. In fact, it would be more beneficial for you to study your current choices. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest