The Student Room Group

How to get over her?

I started talking to this girl online. Neither of us have had a relationship before, we both suffer similar mental health problems and we're in a similar situation in life. We talked pretty much all day every day, we got really close, talked about everything. She said I'm her best friend.

I love her. She doesn't love me. I can't work out why, we just seemed to work so well together, compatible in every way, I love talking to her. I want to be friends with her but it's making me feel ****ing terrible. I feel like - or I know - I care about her so much more than she cares about me, and that hurts.
No, you don't want to be friends with her. You're hoping that maybe agreeing to be friends with her might make her change her mind somewhere down the line, but you're very wrong.

I would explain to her that you're not interested in being friends with her and cut contact ASAP before it gets too difficult.
Most girls aren't into guys with "issues" regardless of whether they have any themselves. It's rare you'll find one that can look past that stuff.
I think you should lay low and be friends for a while , but also try a move next time maybe she may get a hint or cue that you want to persue this friendship to a relationship :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Most girls aren't into guys with "issues" regardless of whether they have any themselves. It's rare you'll find one that can look past that stuff.

I understand that is true however if she really likes you as a friend she has passed that stage about issues and she may like you as more ... But it may take time , maybe you should sit and have a talk with her after all life is short and sometimes later moments never come. So what have you to lose ... Plus if she says no you stil have her as a friend and after all there are like billions of people in this world ... :smile:
Reply 5
Man, trust me, I tell you this from experience. It's not worth it, I was in similar situation. It's not worth it in the long run, you can't change the way she feels and you can't force things. If you can't accept her as a friend then just part on good terms. But if you do accept her as a friend, know that she'll eventually be interested in other guys and you'll have to be okay with that, but considering how you feel about her, it seems unlikely, as much as it hurts, my advice would be to part on good terms and move on.
Reply 6
Original post by Ria25
I understand that is true however if she really likes you as a friend she has passed that stage about issues and she may like you as more ... But it may take time , maybe you should sit and have a talk with her after all life is short and sometimes later moments never come. So what have you to lose ... Plus if she says no you stil have her as a friend and after all there are like billions of people in this world ... :smile:

Thank you. We have talked about it though, and she's not interested. :frown:
Thank you. We have talked about it though, and she's not interested. :frown:

Then I think it's best to cut contact. Easier said then done, I know. But as long as you're friends with her, you aren't going to get over her.
you can wait maybe her feelings change afterwards :unsure:
Camsex then dump
A little bit of Crash Bandicoot should help to ease your nerves.
I started talking to this girl online. Neither of us have had a relationship before, we both suffer similar mental health problems and we're in a similar situation in life. We talked pretty much all day every day, we got really close, talked about everything. She said I'm her best friend.

I love her. She doesn't love me. I can't work out why, we just seemed to work so well together, compatible in every way, I love talking to her. I want to be friends with her but it's making me feel ****ing terrible. I feel like - or I know - I care about her so much more than she cares about me, and that hurts.

Do you actually know her in real life?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending