The Student Room Group

leaving my job and writing my notice

I've worked in a part time retail position since November and to cut a long story short, I want to leave.
A specific staff member has been causing problems for me in college as his girlfriend goes there, yet he won't discuss this issue with me in person.
it's got to the point that i feel so unhappy and uncomfortable both at work and college that I want to leave, and I've been looking into how to write my notice.
I really want to explain the situation to the manager so he knows why I'm leaving, but all the information/forums I've looked at say I don't need to write a reason on my notice, but I genuinely think if i try to explain it to him I'll cry.
what should I do? please help im so stressed about this whole situation
Original post by ellie888
I've worked in a part time retail position since November and to cut a long story short, I want to leave.
A specific staff member has been causing problems for me in college as his girlfriend goes there, yet he won't discuss this issue with me in person.
it's got to the point that i feel so unhappy and uncomfortable both at work and college that I want to leave, and I've been looking into how to write my notice.
I really want to explain the situation to the manager so he knows why I'm leaving, but all the information/forums I've looked at say I don't need to write a reason on my notice, but I genuinely think if i try to explain it to him I'll cry.

I'm sorry you're going through all this. I couldn't really follow your story but I would advise you ignore this horrible person. Can't you confront them?.
With regards to writing your notice I don't think it is necessary to explain the entire situation to your manager. If this person is bothering you at work go to your manager and he/she may sit down with both of you.It sounds ridiculous imo to quit a job because of somebody else. You have the right to be there as much as they do. You have to learn how to deal with situations like this because you will encounter them throughout life. If you leave you have done exactly what he wanted you to do.
Best of luck:smile:
Original post by velvetsky
I'm sorry you're going through all this. I couldn't really follow your story but I would advise you ignore this horrible person. Can't you confront them?.
With regards to writing your notice I don't think it is necessary to explain the entire situation to your manager. If this person is bothering you at work go to your manager and he/she may sit down with both of you.It sounds ridiculous imo to quit a job because of somebody else. You have the right to be there as much as they do. You have to learn how to deal with situations like this because you will encounter them throughout life. If you leave you have done exactly what he wanted you to do.
Best of luck:smile:

I agree
Original post by ellie888

You're under no obligation at all to explain yourself if you don't want to.

My notice at my old job consisted of:

Dear <Manager's Name>,

I hereby give notice that I will be leaving the business on <Date>.

Yours Sincerely

<Name>
Reply 4
Speak to the manager, or write a letter to him/her saying what the issue is. Why give that person the satisfaction of you being forced out, they might be given the sack? Try it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why don't you speak to your manager about the situation first? You're only going to give this guy the satisfaction of you quit your job

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending