The Student Room Group

Psychology

As an aspiring psychologist, I wonder how many of you are also wanting to go into Psychology. So, if you are and wouldn't mind telling me, please answer these questions?

1. What field of Psychology do you want to go into?
2. What subjects are you currently studying and at what level?
3. What makes you want to go into Psychology?

I'll start to get this going:

1. Child Psychology
2. AS level Maths and A Level Sociology/Psychology
3. Due to personal experiences and campaigning for mental health I strongly believe in a workforce that can help young people to overcome any barriers they may face. Mental illness is often a lonely and scary place to be so I just want to help out.
Reply 1
I'm studying Psychology at uni..

1. Forensic/Clinical/Research (probably gonna do a Master's after my degree in neuroscience/neuropsychology). Just finished my first year so I'm still not sure what I want to do.

2. When I did my A-levels I did Maths, Physics & Biology. Didn't do Psychology.

3. I find it intriguing plus I want to work in a field of mental illness, considering how I have suffered/still suffer from mental illness.
Original post by eden3
I'm studying Psychology at uni..

1. Forensic/Clinical/Research (probably gonna do a Master's after my degree in neuroscience/neuropsychology). Just finished my first year so I'm still not sure what I want to do.

2. When I did my A-levels I did Maths, Physics & Biology. Didn't do Psychology.

3. I find it intriguing plus I want to work in a field of mental illness, considering how I have suffered/still suffer from mental illness.

That's really awesome - I wish you all the best. Neuropsychology is fascinating, particularly Raine et al.'s studies? Oh and without sounding patronising, I admire you for persevering to continue whilst struggling with mental illness - I know how hard that can be so keep it up!
1. Paediatric clinical neuropsychology

2. A levels in biology, psychology and use of maths

3. Personal reasons, and since the age of 14 I've wanted nothing else but to help people and fine neuropsychology and clinical psychology incredibly interesting.
Original post by A-LJLB
1. Paediatric clinical neuropsychology

2. A levels in biology, psychology and use of maths

3. Personal reasons, and since the age of 14 I've wanted nothing else but to help people and fine neuropsychology and clinical psychology incredibly interesting.

I've wanted to be a psychologist since 14 too haha. I was gonna do the same A Levels but I changed from Biology to Sociology when I restarted the year. Good luck!
Original post by Gaya Ramanathan
I've wanted to be a psychologist since 14 too haha. I was gonna do the same A Levels but I changed from Biology to Sociology when I restarted the year. Good luck!

It's probably a common age as you start to take things seriously and start realising your interests! I took AS sociology but absolutely hated it so dropped it within four months haha! Thank you, you too :h:
Original post by A-LJLB
It's probably a common age as you start to take things seriously and start realising your interests! I took AS sociology but absolutely hated it so dropped it within four months haha! Thank you, you too :h:

Really!? Each to their own I guess - I couldn't deal with the plant biology, it wasn't the most riveting topic!:tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by Gaya Ramanathan
That's really awesome - I wish you all the best. Neuropsychology is fascinating, particularly Raine et al.'s studies? Oh and without sounding patronising, I admire you for persevering to continue whilst struggling with mental illness - I know how hard that can be so keep it up!

Absolutely.

And thanks :smile:

Good luck in your A-levels!
Original post by eden3
Absolutely.

And thanks :smile:

Good luck in your A-levels!

Welcome! Thanks:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending