Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

student finance

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I am currently going into my third year of university, and i have lived at home for the previous two years of my study, i have decided i want to live in a student house with my friends for third year, i have just changed my circumstances on the student finance website on my application, but im worried that i won't receive anymore money to cover costs or rent, bills ect, will my student finance be increased due to not being living at home anymore? thank you

    Overall you'll be receiving less as a final year student (compared to first and second year kids) just keep that in mind.
    But if you applied already and stated you're living at home, the amount should increase once SFE receive the form. Relax until then

    I did the same as you, lived at home for year 1 and 2 then moved out for year 3.

    Is it worth moving out when you're from the city? I'm going into second year planning to move into halls because I never really made friends living at home, but I dunno if it's worth it?

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.