The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes you can apply through extra until June 30th
Reply 2
how would i go about doing that?
Reply 3
nooneimportant
how would i go about doing that?

you start an application through ucas again as you did when you applied first tiem round, except this time you have like a week, less than in reality.
Reply 4
how do i do that what website or whatever? i not 100% i want to yet but by 2moro morn il now nad il do everything... school did everything for me last time
Reply 5
nooneimportant
how do i do that what website or whatever? i not 100% i want to yet but by 2moro morn il now nad il do everything... school did everything for me last time

ucas.com apply 2007 then its pretty straightforward from there, it tells you what to do
Reply 6
ok im doing it, i got my ucas thing, 2moro i go to my old school get a referee etc... but i just wana mae sure i do everything PROPERLY!!! so can sum1 that knows the system for individual applicant not with school say what i gota do

im confused about these things...

1- student loan
2- tuition fees - last time i got it free, how are they calculated?
3- LEA - i gota get in contact with them?

edit- i got a habit of messing things up and i cant afford to do that, not this late!
Reply 7
They're all mixed together :smile:

Contact your LEA and go from there
Reply 8
how does one do that?

get phone number of internet and call em?

when does loan application happen? if im too lat efor that im ****ed!

edit. sry for all the questions but its too late to call em now so i want as much info as i can get b4 2moro morn :P
Reply 9
Woah

You make the application through ucas.com

The Student Loan is the money you get for living expenses. The amount you get is decided by how much you/your parents own and other circumstances
The Tuition Fees (3K 3070 this coming year) can be paid off through a loan from your Local Education Authority. To find out how to apply and apply for it online (if you wish), go to studentsupportdirect.co.uk

You can make a paper application through your LEA. There is a list of LEAs on the above website
Reply 10
No you still have enough time - they normally accept applications until the end of august. However, as you already will have recieved money from the Government in the year that you dropped out, you may no longer be eligible for any further loans or grants. You will need to organise a meeting with someone from the Student Finance Office of your LEA (or local council depending where it is based). Hope this helps.
i paid no tuition ffees last time, isnt it based on dob? or is that a lie... i cant afford to pay them so if i have to then i gues i cant go bac to uni...

cheers tho il make the calls 2moro!

and i only got min loan last time
dob as is date of birth, no.

You get loans for everything nowadays, apart from accomodations costs
Reply 13
What was your course for before? If it was a healthcare one maybe the NHS paid for it? Either that or your LEA did without you realising. As I understand the system now, a fees loan goes straight onto that right?

Get the phone number for your LEA - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/ApplyingForFinance-NewStudents/DG_10034854 - and go from there
Reply 14
Old rules students were able to get a fee grant.
Under current regulations, nobody gets fee grants. There is a loan for tuition fees added to the total cost of your loan at the end. Or you get the maintenance grant (£2700) which you can use to pay fees and possible bursaries from uni. Also maintenance loan for living costs. There's no reason why you can't go.
the immensedebt il be in... wheni went all i paidwasacomodation

i****ed everything up by dropping out :frown: i dont want 20 debt at end of uni... i was gone endup with 6 :s-smilie:

im usch a ****wit
ima call tho, ty vmuch

(my keyboard broken sry for million typos)

Latest

Trending

Trending