The Student Room Group

Do guys have feelings...??!?!

Scroll to see replies

No we have no emotions because we are generation 1 synths.
Original post by It's a Shame
Nah. They're stone cold.

I swear I have feelings...
But i did notice that none of my classmates (boys) have feelings. Only 6 from 20 have.. that is 25% have feelings!:smile:
Idk but I've been called "emotionally retarded"
Depends what kind really. But I would think we would have feelings and emotions because we are people. Don't know if you've ever heard of them hun. :smile:
Original post by 0to100

Whoever called you that is soooooooo lame, I would advise them to go to specsavers or update their meanings of 'emotion' and 'retard'. :p:) Idiots.....
Original post by Missimperfect18
honestly I apologise if I sound rude but every boy I've come across is for emotionally detached...or OVER ambitious...
I mean do they even love....or is it just attraction for the time being....

From a young age, in this society; males are taught to supress our emotions and act like nothing phases us, so we end up seeming emotionally detached.

I actually had a problem in that I was unable to supress my emotions until I was about 17 years old, so I was called a 'cry baby'. I still have a hard time supressing my emotions now. I'm still not sure why. I think maybe I was born without the capability :P I can't lie either, for the same reason. (If I try to lie, I immediately give away that I'm lying, through my emotions xD)

So no, we're not all cold unfeeling monsters. We're just expected to act like we are. And not all of us can even do that :s-smilie:
Original post by Jazzyboy
From a young age, in this society; males are taught to supress our emotions and act like nothing phases us, so we end up seeming emotionally detached.

I actually had a problem in that I was unable to supress my emotions until I was about 17 years old, so I was called a 'cry baby'. I still have a hard time supressing my emotions now. I'm still not sure why. I think maybe I was born without the capability :P I can't lie either, for the same reason. (If I try to lie, I immediately give away that I'm lying, through my emotions xD)

So no, we're not all cold unfeeling monsters. We're just expected to act like we are. And not all of us can even do that :s-smilie:

AWW that's terrible...
I guess people were just jealous of your honesty as a person...
I personally think people hate on people for no reason when they have insecurities that the person is a better individual...
I would love a few more people like you in my life LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER.....
STAY LIKE THIS NEVER CHANGE!!!
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Whoever called you that is soooooooo lame, I would advise them to go to specsavers or update their meanings of 'emotion' and 'retard'. :p:) Idiots.....

They had a point though....lol like I don't feel bad for most people when they cry, I just kinda sit there waiting for them to finish and any female I've dealt with hates that. But it's like if she's crying to cry and needs a moment then what's that got to do with me? She must be crying for a reaction/attention from me or whoever. If she's mad no one's reacting/giving her attention.
Original post by 0to100

people form opinions without knowing you...and perhaps that's one reason why we should ignore those people...
Original post by Anonymous
I swear I have feelings...
But i did notice that none of my classmates (boys) have feelings. Only 6 from 20 have.. that is 25% have feelings!:smile:

glad to know you guys exist :smile:
When I see anyone sad... I too will start crying as if that is MY problem..
glad to know you guys exist :smile:

Thank You!..
Okay...Im opening up anonymity..I hope my user name is visible now.
Original post by 0to100
They had a point though....lol like I don't feel bad for most people when they cry, I just kinda sit there waiting for them to finish and any female I've dealt with hates that. But it's like if she's crying to cry and needs a moment then what's that got to do with me? She must be crying for a reaction/attention from me or whoever. If she's mad no one's reacting/giving her attention.

Truu. LOL That is true, tho like if someone's crying, I'll go up and say what's wrong? and if they just carry on crying or ignore me, I'll just walk off, like you go out of your way to show care towards them and they go kinda like rubbin it in your face. Very true tho, but like me I cry when no-ones around and that cuz I have no-one in the home I can talk to so I just let my feelings out, but for attention? That's just f***ed up. #LEGEND :biggrin:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Truu. LOL That is true, tho like if someone's crying, I'll go up and say what's wrong? and if they just carry on crying or ignore me, I'll just walk off, like you go out of your way to show care towards them and they go kinda like rubbin it in your face. Very true tho, but like me I cry when no-ones around and that cuz I have no-one in the home I can talk to so I just let my feelings out, but for attention? That's just f***ed up. #LEGEND :biggrin:

I think it's ridiculous to cry if someone's not dead...
Original post by 0to100
I think it's ridiculous to cry if someone's not dead...

Oh wow.. That's interesting.. :eek:
Original post by 0to100

If it's a female crying and you're in a relationship she probably just wants you to hold her while you wait for her to finish.
honestly I apologise if I sound rude but every boy I've come across is for emotionally detached...or OVER ambitious...
I mean do they even love....or is it just attraction for the time being....

I think they just try and hide it :cute: the guys I know are all huge softies on the inside :tongue:
Original post by Zuki
Omgg I'm the same :cry2: my grandad passed not too long ago and whilst i felt shocked as i didn't expect it, I was still more or less just like "meh" :indiff: Thinking about it now, I can't recall the last time I felt properly sad about something :indiff: It seems like all the bad things and experiences built up to the point where one just becomes desensitised to it all :curious: and just collectively stop caring or something :indiff:

Hope we find our emotions m8 :cry2: better start putting up lost posters :cry:

You flop your exam what do you do?

Spoiler

Reply 58
Original post by Anonymous
You flop your exam what do you do?

Spoiler

I failed my first year of a levels and ended up with 3 U's and an e. I didn't really feel anything, wasn't even too bothered tbh. I skipped my history exam and went to eat a mcflurry under a tree in the park instead :indiff: I applied again the next year and decided that i needed to get my sh*t together and worked hard and ended up with A*A*A. Ultimately comes down to making up your mind about something and sticking to it.
Original post by Zuki
Omgg I'm the same :cry2: my grandad passed not too long ago and whilst i felt shocked as i didn't expect it, I was still more or less just like "meh" :indiff: Thinking about it now, I can't recall the last time I felt properly sad about something :indiff: It seems like all the bad things and experiences built up to the point where one just becomes desensitised to it all :curious: and just collectively stop caring or something :indiff:

Hope we find our emotions m8 :cry2: better start putting up lost posters :cry:

I don't know or see it at such a bad thing like for example someone like me whose emotional it takes a troll on you, like sometimes i just want an off switch just to let go and just be. sometimes you have to fake your happiness for the sake of those around and for yourself just so that you can carry on. Fake it to make it.so i guess in a way u lucky u don't have to carry through the emotional burden of yesterday to today you just let go and be.

Quick Reply

Latest