The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lol everyone in my year did globalisation instead of me!

oil prices was meannn. my brain couldnt think quickly enough sigh
yeah for the 60 marker i talked about the EU and LDCs because I also interpreted the question as the 'economic implications of increased protectionism in the EU' or something along those lines.
Reply 42
Lykabelle
yeah for the 12 marker i talked about the EU and LDCs because I also interpreted the question as the 'economic implications of increased protectionism in the EU' or something along those lines.

u mean the 60 marker?

hmm i talked about the possible retaliation of other trading blocs..e.g. NAFTA and the whole banana 1999 debacle.
Reply 43
lljaneth
u mean the 60 marker?

hmm i talked about the possible retaliation of other trading blocs..e.g. NAFTA and the whole banana 1999 debacle.

i wrote about the banana thing!
Reply 44
tldevil
i wrote about the banana thing!

lol, banana hi-5!
lljaneth
u mean the 60 marker?

oops sorry, corrected :smile:

I'll post my other answers later...gotta get back to french revision :p:

And RogueTrader...i think i need roughly 120 more UMS in unit 5 and 6 to get an A in economics.
Lykabelle
oops sorry, corrected :smile:

I'll post my other answers later...gotta get back to french revision :p:

And RogueTrader...i think i need roughly 120 more UMS in unit 5 and 6 to get an A in economics.

hehe. You dont need to worry then.
RogueTrader
hehe. You dont need to worry then.

lol i guess so but i can't get too complacent :p:
What do you need?
Reply 48
yeah i also did trading bloc and globalisation data response, for the trading blocs i talked about the conflict between free trade objectives of the WTO and protectionist policies including CAP, i also used possible reasons for protectionist policies, i also pointed out that free trade would increase within the trading bloc which would be in accordance to WTO objectives.

did not enjoy the 6 mark question on FDi significance on globalisation, just talked about multinationals and outsourcing etc not sure if it was right?
evaluation point i wrote somwhere was that if the block was bigger it would be less of a negative point and i also said that though other trading blocks are being created, EU is one of well established contries with economies of scale while those such in asia/africa were less competeive and would benifit less

oh well
Tom410
yeah i also did trading bloc and globalisation data response, for the trading blocs i talked about the conflict between free trade objectives of the WTO and protectionist policies including CAP, i also used possible reasons for protectionist policies, i also pointed out that free trade would increase within the trading bloc which would be in accordance to WTO objectives.

did not enjoy the 6 mark question on FDi significance on globalisation, just talked about multinationals and outsourcing etc not sure if it was right?

I didnt like that question too much either. I think it was an 'explain' so we didnt have to evaluate. I just talked about how FDI/ MNC's have led to globalisation.
liverpool
evaluation point i wrote somwhere was that if the block was bigger it would be less of a negative point and i also said that though other trading blocks are being created, EU is one of well established contries with economies of scale while those such in asia/africa were less competeive and would benifit less

oh well

I wrote about size aswell.:smile:
Lykabelle
lol i guess so but i can't get too complacent :p:
What do you need?

Well, I was originally on about 260, but that was with a C in unit 2. I retook unit 2 a few weeks ago though, and that was quite easy, so hopefully my AS score should now be about 280-285. Hadnt sat any A2 modules, so overall, I think I need low B/ high C to get the A.
OOOhhh I wrote about BANANAS as well lol.
And about EU claiming that china is dumping cheap textiles, but China argued back that they got extremely low costs, i.e. comparative advantage.

But bananas.. Definitely IN! :biggrin:
Reply 54
andyms
OOOhhh I wrote about BANANAS as well lol.
And about EU claiming that china is dumping cheap textiles, but China argued back that they got extremely low costs, i.e. comparative advantage.

But bananas.. Definitely IN! :biggrin:

:banana:
Reply 55
nobody else do essay number 3? i just felt confident about the 60 marker so i went for didnt really finish either of the essays properly though. the 40 marker was tough, i found myself repeating a couple of points for both. I was a little shaky on globalisation also.

I was a little irritated with the exam in genereal because id done so much revision but very little of it was applicable, if id just done globalisation and the phillips curve with a little knoweledge of the uk and the eu in recent years i would have performed exactly the same. I guess thats the way of synoptic exams
Reply 56
Nobody did question 3? The difference between the unemployment rates between UK , Poland and Germany? And the Phillips Curve Analysis? And so many did Globalisation for the data question!! None did Oil Prices??
Reply 57
Anecitus
nobody else do essay number 3? i just felt confident about the 60 marker so i went for didnt really finish either of the essays properly though. the 40 marker was tough, i found myself repeating a couple of points for both. I was a little shaky on globalisation also.

I was a little irritated with the exam in genereal because id done so much revision but very little of it was applicable, if id just done globalisation and the phillips curve with a little knoweledge of the uk and the eu in recent years i would have performed exactly the same. I guess thats the way of synoptic exams

Hey!! You did question 3!! It was exactly the same from one of the past years!! On the contrary i felt that my revision was insufficient. Kinda neglected economics because of other subjects. lets hope we will do well for the paper:biggrin:
Reply 58
i iwas originally gonna do the last essay title but realised i didnt have 4 points for the 60 marker so i thought it wouldve been safer to do the trading bloc essay as its so standard

i did oil prices, how did you find it?
Reply 59
tldevil
i iwas originally gonna do the last essay title but realised i didnt have 4 points for the 60 marker so i thought it wouldve been safer to do the trading bloc essay as its so standard

i did oil prices, how did you find it?

Ooo i see. Actually the answers are all in tutor2u lol. Oil prices are allright very straight forward questions and the answers are available in the extract itself. But due to bad time management, i sort of neglected the question on the significance of the oil trade deficit. Anyway, I just couldn't think of anything to write on the deficit. What i know is UK is now a nett oil importer thats all. 8 marks gone there.sighs.

Latest