The Student Room Group

Best choice of hours to work.

Hi guys , I'm currently 17 years old and I found couple of places where I want to apply online. ASDA , Tesco and Next. However since summer is close I would like to work as much as I can but I wanted to know which hours I should go for. Is it possible to chose the highest hours like 26-38 and then quit the job after summer ? or does the contract not let me ? and Does any one know if I should do it online or by handing my cv in store.

Also if any one works in these stores and are 17 years old or under 18 can you please let me know of your hourly pay also. Thanks.
You can ask to get less hours when school starts that's what I'm planning to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
What if they tell me no ? Do I have to leave the job ? And where are u planning to apply at if u dnt mind me asking.
Original post by Keerthan26
What if they tell me no ? Do I have to leave the job ? And where are u planning to apply at if u dnt mind me asking.

If you apply to mcdonalds, you can do as many or as little hours as you like. And its quite a regular thing for people there to do more hours in the holidays and less during term time.
I'm open to anywhere that will accept me as long as it's not too far or too **** pay, currently applying but I've had no luck whatsoever so far really disheartening:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thanks, and have u tried supermarkets such as sainsbury, tesco and places like subway , next , boots ? I'm going to apply there tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending