The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Lol, I knew those Imperial tutors interview in order of application strength. I'm applying for medicine, so I definitely won't be getting any updates until December probably, since the BMAT results are released in late Nov.

I wouldn't worry about shyness, if you've gone to an Imperial open day, shyness is pretty abundant.

This is very true, its basically just an entire school of lovely but awkward geeks, which suits me completely fine!

I have an interview for Manchester on Thursday, so I'm treating that as my 'practice' for Imperial, as my school mock interview system means that mine isn't until 25th November, which is useful for Cambridge but not for these two haha.

Good luck with your medicine application! Several of my close friends are also applying to Imperial for medicine, and looking at what they are going through, with UKCAT stress etc, I'm very glad I chose a pure subject. BMAT sounds v fun, enjoy it!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I hope they don't ask for my UMS, lol. Is it normal of them to do so?
Original post by TiernanW
I hope they don't ask for my UMS, lol. Is it normal of them to do so?

If you're applying to physics (I can't comment on other courses) then they will ask for your UMS, yes. You'll get an email from them, acknowledging your application and asking for individual module UMS scores. They say something about your application being delayed if you don't provide it :s-smilie:
Original post by 98matt
If you're applying to physics (I can't comment on other courses) then they will ask for your UMS, yes. You'll get an email from them, acknowledging your application and asking for individual module UMS scores. They say something about your application being delayed if you don't provide it :s-smilie:

Ah phew I'm for Computing. :tongue:
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
When did you send off your application?

Sent off on 29th September. And yeah they do ask for UMS marks but I am ok coz in my Maths A Level I got 594/600
Unless they say specifically on the website, they don't really look at GCSEs. I got A*A*AAABBBBC and got in to one of the more selective courses, and I know many who got lower. If you have the predicted A level grades in what they want, and you write a good statement and have a good reference, you're sure to get an interview.

Saying that, in terms of an idea of what you're up against, for aero, regardless of the entry requirements, the majority of students admitted 2 years ago had A*A*A*A* (according to the admissions tutor). I don't know how much predicted grades ABOVE the requirement had a hand in playing into this though.
Original post by ViralRiver
Unless they say specifically on the website, they don't really look at GCSEs. I got A*A*AAABBBBC and got in to one of the more selective courses, and I know many who got lower. If you have the predicted A level grades in what they want, and you write a good statement and have a good reference, you're sure to get an interview.

Saying that, in terms of an idea of what you're up against, for aero, regardless of the entry requirements, the majority of students admitted 2 years ago had A*A*A*A* (according to the admissions tutor). I don't know how much predicted grades ABOVE the requirement had a hand in playing into this though.

I think the admissions tutor has miscalculated by saying that most students have 4A*. Imperial is good, but it's not that good.
It's not a miscalculation, that's what the data says. And Imperial's aero course is the #1 strict aero course in the country. With offers of A*A*A or A*AAA and approximately 100 spaces for an insane number of applicants, it's not too hard to believe. I started in 2011, first year of A* A levels and the majority of people I knew had higher grades than me (A*A*AA). The admissions tutor was explicitly stating this to prospective students on a previous open day, so it's not a mere miscalculation :wink: .

On that note, just realised there's an extra undergrad offered by imperial in aero now, sort of makes me wish I deferred by 5/6 years...
Applying for physics :biggrin:

AS Levels:
5 As in maths, further maths, physics, chemistry and biology
Maths UMS average is 96

Predicted A levels:
3 A*s in maths, physics, chemistry and A in further maths

Extracurriculars:
Nuffield research placement for 4 weeks, lectures, relevant reading

Sent it off today and I'm checking my emails every 5 minutes :colondollar:
Reply 209
Guys quick question. For the MAT, I sometimes use techniques outside of core 1,2 like recurence relations. Will i not get credited
UCAS form is away guys. This is it. All we can do now is wait. :smile:
It's not a miscalculation, that's what the data says. And Imperial's aero course is the #1 strict aero course in the country. With offers of A*A*A or A*AAA and approximately 100 spaces for an insane number of applicants, it's not too hard to believe. I started in 2011, first year of A* A levels and the majority of people I knew had higher grades than me (A*A*AA). The admissions tutor was explicitly stating this to prospective students on a previous open day, so it's not a mere miscalculation :wink: .

On that note, just realised there's an extra undergrad offered by imperial in aero now, sort of makes me wish I deferred by 5/6 years...

where are you now after graduating from Aero?
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm on the daiwa scholarship programme :smile:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
How likely for an offer A*AAA at AS (A2 and AS maths in 1 year and physics and chemistry as) predicted A*A (full further maths a2 and physics a2)
Reply 214
Anyone else applying for the Biomedical Engineering MEng? I just sent off my application.
Hello everyone! I am a Physics year 1 imperial student, feel free to ask me anything about the application process! Apart from that I can also tell you how imperial is, so far, and what you can expect :smile:
Hey everyone, I've applied for Imperial with Computing(Computational management) and I I'm eager to get information from the uni ASAP because the tension is killing me.
Original post by denkata
Hey everyone, I've applied for Imperial with Computing(Computational management) and I I'm eager to get information from the uni ASAP because the tension is killing me.

I applied to Games, Vision and Interaction. I feel the same; its hard to wait. :tongue:
I'm confused, are the programme application date different? Mine doesnt show up on the list of offered courses so I've been assuming it's not open yet...

I'm confused, are the programme application date different? Mine doesnt show up on the list of offered courses so I've been assuming it's not open yet...

I've never heard of them opening applications this late. What course is it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending