The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Grade Boundaries

My GCSE Edexcel Maths exam (paper 1) was like 5 days ago but I'm still bloody stressing about it!! I checked the unofficial mark scheme and I tried being as strict as possible and I got approximately around 53 marks and that's absolutely terrible!! I'm aiming for an overall grade A! Does anybody know how many marks I need to get in paper 2. I'm aiming for 78 marks but will this be enough for an A grade?
To get around an A overall you need to be getting mid 60s on both papers. However, if you think you've got 53 on paper one, then aim for around 75 on paper 2. Last year you needed 125 marks overall for an A. The grade boundaries could obviously change a lot, but I'd aim for high 70s on paper 2

Hope this helped
Reply 2
Original post by navjotkaurjohal
To get around an A overall you need to be getting mid 60s on both papers. However, if you think you've got 53 on paper one, then aim for around 75 on paper 2. Last year you needed 125 marks overall for an A. The grade boundaries could obviously change a lot, but I'd aim for high 70s on paper 2

Hope this helped

Thanks a lot!! This helped. Thanks.
Reply 3
Thanks, but in my opinion I always find the calculator paper harder compared to the non-calculator paper, I don't know why but that's just me. You should be aiming for an A* if you think you got around 78-83 marks, if you can replicate that in the calculator paper there's no reason why you shouldn't get an A* because if you want an A grade you only need about 50 marks to get an A so please try your hardest!
Thanks for helping me and I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending