The Student Room Group

why is Islam stereotyped so much?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thanbir.33
haters gonna hate isn't it

umm not quite.... i don't think everyone wants to join Islam
Original post by sainsburys wraps
because it makes the right wing children on this website feel good to speak out as great trailblazers in human cultural understanding... to a group of students lmao

You'll find that the anti-Islam thought in the west stems from secular left-wingers.
Original post by poundsoffat
umm not quite.... i don't think everyone wants to join Islam

it was sarcasm notice the use of isn't it
Original post by george-90
You'll find that the anti-Islam thought in the west stems from secular left-wingers.

i would love for you to explain to me why
but we're getting off topic so moving on
Reply 25
Please stay on topic guys :h:
Original post by sainsburys wraps
i would love for you to explain to me why

The larger part of anti-Islam comes from the wider anti-religion movement which was propagated by post-enlightenment atheists - most of whom were/are left-wingers.

Only recently has the right-wing massed against Islam.

However, what is considered right-wing in the west is very much left-wing compared to political Islam. The majority of Muslims (even in non-theocratic countries) are right-wing compared to west right-wing parties.
Reply 27
I believe the media is conditioning people to see a Muslim and see a potential terrorist. I remember when Lee Rigby was tragically killed the media said his killers were "Muslim in appearance".
It's not right they're stereotyped
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Legendary Quest
There isn't an accurate way of following a religion. It all comes down to your interpretation.

there are many things which do not require interpretation in the quran, and other things are completely ignored with the classic + invalid "society was different back then" argument

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending