The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolatmaths
Nah you're just an idiot. Dont give excuses for your stupidity.

You think race determines intelligence? i.e. you're either born smart or dumb? Well, social and economic circumstances account to much more, to the point where the 3 genotypes that are vaguely linked with intelligence is completely negligible. In general, blacks live under worse circumstances, hence a correlation can be seen, but not arising from being born like that.

What about general access to education, as well?
Original post by the bear
i like to play Scott Joplin on the piano.... am i doomed ? :afraid:

Let's weep at our ill fortunes together :hugs:
Original post by Nidhoggr
That's the point.

OP is pulling BS out of his ass and stating it as fact, so i did the same.

Is the article racist then?
Original post by TrueDetective01
What about general access to education, as well?

yh, that kind of goes under social factors. A shame that moron thinks he was born intelligent but ended up with an E
Original post by student.feed
I'm middle eastern. Where do I fit in?

Right now youre irrelevant. Are you a banker? (Not that it matters but: Is your skin black? Are you the bankers race?) Are you a human with an opinion on the topic in discussion? If not then I dont see your relevance.
yh, that kind of goes under social factors. A shame that moron thinks he was born intelligent but ended up with an E

Why are you getting so emotional for? You are making yourself look like an idiot with these stupid emotional responses. Attack the BS the poster is typing instead of the poster.

So everyone should take Maths exams, and we determine intelligent from not intelligent by that?
Nah you're just an idiot. Dont give excuses for your stupidity.

It's hard to tell if you're trolling or not. Maybe a 'smart' person could tell.

You think race determines intelligence? i.e. you're either born smart or dumb? Well, social and economic circumstances account to much more, to the point where the 3 genotypes that are vaguely linked with intelligence is completely negligible. In general, blacks live under worse circumstances, hence a correlation can be seen, but not arising from being born like that.

No I don't think that. I never said that I did. I provided the statistical evidence for IQ and cranial capacity, nothing more.
Why are you getting so emotional for? You are making yourself look like an idiot with these stupid emotional responses. Attack the BS the poster is typing instead of the poster.

Im not emotional, according to this hierarchy of intelligence im at the top group apparently. However i find it very ironic that he's belittling other people because of his assumed superiority due to his race.
Original post by george-90

No I don't think that. I never said that I did. I provided the statistical evidence for IQ and cranial capacity, nothing more.

So what is your relevance to this thread?
Original post by zetamcfc
So everyone should take Maths exams, and we determine intelligent from not intelligent by that?

No, but someone who took it up for a levels and fails it that tremendously is not intelligent.

At AS Maths as well, not even A2. It only actually gets tough at C3 and C4 :lol:. He doesnt really have a leg to stand on.

The fact that those African immigrants in America are a minority is irrelevant. They would not have been able to accomplish what they have if that banker was right about Blacks being less intelligent. I would not have been able to work in banking, which isn't even as complex as he tries to make it seem
Is the article racist then?

Yes and no.

The guy is clearly a racist, has a prejudiced view of black people and is deeply ignorant - I cringed so hard when he said he thought Obama seems like a nice guy, as if that exonerates him of all the racist stuff he was saying before.

However, there is truth in some of what he says. Black people, a vast majority being poor, do have the tendency to act ghetto and tend to lack education, and so would have no chance in an industry like banking.
(edited 7 years ago)
So what is your relevance to this thread?

Read my posts. I provided the evidence that Mathemagician requested, and I provided a rebuttal for WBZ's argument.

My posts have been more relevant that your irrational ad hominem attacks.
Im not emotional, according to this hierarchy of intelligence im at the top group apparently. However i find it very ironic that he's belittling other people because of his assumed superiority due to his race.

That's his issue though :s-smilie:. You are not even trying to debunk his facts yet you are going on an emotional barrage.
You did work hard to get where you are, no? You should have just laughed it off yet you got emotional :s-smilie:

Hmmm...perhaps because I don't find racism amusing?
Original post by WBZ144
At AS Maths as well, not even A2. It only actually gets tough at C3 and C4 :lol:. He doesnt really have a leg to stand on.

The fact that those African immigrants in America are a minority is irrelevant. They would not have been able to accomplish what they have if that banker was right about Blacks being less intelligent. I would not have been able to work in banking, which isn't even as complex as he tries to make it seem

I mean i dont like to make fun of idiots but he had it coming :u:

I've already proved there is negligible link between intelligence and race. It's just disgusting ppl think like that when it is not true.
Reply 57
Original post by BodhiUtah
So I was tweeted this on Twitter and had a read and don't know what to think to be honest? I agree with a lot of it but it seems well out of order. Here's an extract of the funnish bit but check it out: http://www.citysharks.co.uk/2016/05/31/investment-banker-on-black-people-in-banking/

Would you personally hire a black person?Possible, if they could do the job, but as soon as I hear any ghetto like language their gone. That’s why education is paramount as it irons out the poor character traits and polishes a person for a potential career in investment banking.I understand totally but most black people come from deprived backgrounds?I don’t buy into that crap you can make it wherever you’re from. If you want to kill your brain cells by listing to Beyonce and Jay Z and walk around with a knife then your damaging your own chances in life. Plenty of black people life like civilized human being’s, it’s just that black people choose to live less so. Just walk around London and your see it’s mainly always the black people that need to be avoided. Just look at the prisons, black males are just a criminal and lazy men on average.

It's they're. And listening. And you're. Those are just the ones I can be bothered to correct.

You can be black and spell/use grammar correctly.
No, but someone who took it up for a levels and fails it that tremendously is not intelligent.

That is not necessarily true. It was my fourth, I didn't want to continue it, so I skipped lessons and just turned up for the exam.

Why would an intelligent person waste their time on a subject they don't like when they could be reading their passion? Which for me was JS Mill, Descartes, Keynes, etc.

Every single one of your posts in reference to myself has been intellectually void.
Original post by george-90
Read my posts. I provided the evidence that Mathemagician requested, and I provided a rebuttal for WBZ's argument.

My posts have been more relevant that your irrational ad hominem attacks.

I ended that apparent rebuttal nonsense.

That's his issue though :s-smilie:. You are not even trying to debunk his facts yet you are going on an emotional barrage.

I have. Emotional barrage? Im simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

Quick Reply

Latest