Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

uH OH.... I made a BIG mistake....

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

i was looknig through my old emails that i sent and i noticed something....

a few months ago i was trying out different clothes and taking photographs of me in them. i then edited some of these photographs doing different things. one of them i edited to take out all my spots and make me look better, another i made myself look like the joker, etc, just stuff for fun for the sake of it really.

then, my university, which i start in september, emails me and says i need to send them a photograph of myself to use for my ID photograph. so i think, why don't i just send them one of the ones from the photoshoot.... so i did.

looking back at the email now though I realise.... you kno whats gonna happen.... that i sent them one of the ones i edited. it was one in which i made myself look better, like my face clear of any red marks and made my eyes bluer than they usually are (they usualy quite dark blue, i made them light).

i sent that email about 4 months ago, so theyve probs already made the ID now....

think it'll be a problem?

you should be fine, they print those photos really small and really low res on ID's so it won't be noticable

No it's fine, as long as you didn't change yourself too much

(Original post by Nadine_08)
    No it's fine, as long as you didn't change yourself too much
    nah, it's still recogniseable as me. only took out any spots i had and made my eyes bluer, so should be fine hopefully.

I used a selfie as my student ID. Accepted, no issues now. LOL they really don't care
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.