The Student Room Group

Learning manoeuvres

I just passed my theory and need to book some lessons after 2/3 month off driving. Now I'm very comfortable driving around in general, there's nothing wrong there. So I just need to learn manoeuvres.

I can do the 3 point turn perfectly fine. But need to work on my reverse around a corner, I always end up too far from the kerb or mess up when straightening out the wheel.

What other manouvres would I need to learn and how long does it generally take to learn them? As that's all that's left before I can take a driving test.
Original post by Lord Samosa
I just passed my theory and need to book some lessons after 2/3 month off driving. Now I'm very comfortable driving around in general, there's nothing wrong there. So I just need to learn manoeuvres.

I can do the 3 point turn perfectly fine. But need to work on my reverse around a corner, I always end up too far from the kerb or mess up when straightening out the wheel.

What other manouvres would I need to learn and how long does it generally take to learn them? As that's all that's left before I can take a driving test.

You'll also need to learn bay parking and parallel parking. I'm still learning them myself (I'm getting close to my test now, however), so I'm not sure how long it would take to learn them in total :smile:
Bay Parking and Parallel parking.
Theyre not too complicated these ones, but focus on the reverse round a corner. Thats the hardest one. I got that one on my test too! I ****ed it up but still passed!
But make sure youre ready with these before you take your test!
They are important.
But if your general driving is good, you can focus on these and you should learn them very quickly!
Good Luck!
Also emergency stop is a maneuver I think, I had that also on my test, I had reverse round the corner to the left, they are two types of corners, a sharp corner 90 degree angle and also a gradual bend which takes more concentration, it will be likely that one, because you can't do a full lock on the wheel and go for it whilst doing your observations you need to be looking and turning the wheel and opening the wheel at the same time as looking around.

Quick Reply

Latest