The Student Room Group

Retaking GCSEs and A Levels outside school

I moved to England when I was 14, went to school for 2 years (year 10 and 11), but I didn't get to finish my GCSEs due to personal issues. So I moved back to my country where I spent the last 3 years and finished secondary school.
My mum is currently living in the UK, and I want to go back and do Veterinary Medicine.
Is it possible for me to take GCSEs and A levels without going to school? Would it take more than a year? Thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by PamSantiago
I moved to England when I was 14, went to school for 2 years (year 10 and 11), but I didn't get to finish my GCSEs due to personal issues. So I moved back to my country where I spent the last 3 years and finished secondary school.
My mum is currently living in the UK, and I want to go back and do Veterinary Medicine.
Is it possible for me to take GCSEs and A levels without going to school? Would it take more than a year? Thank you!! :biggrin:

It is possible to study by distance learning course/teaching yourself and get A levels without attending school but it is expensive and there are real problems with taking Science practicals. It is likely to take longer than 1 year - 3 seems more likely if you are going to nail the straight As you'd need at A level. However if you have qualifications abroad then you may not need to do some/all of it - I would ask some universities you think you might apply to. In terms of GCSEs you would probably only need GCSE Maths and English Language plus learning the content of GCSEs in Biology, Chemistry (and Physics) though not necessarily taking the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest