The Student Room Group

Potential retaking - help!

I am doing my A2 exams starting next week, with AQA History first. This has always been my worst subject at A Level and I also struggled at AS and only retook one of the units so I won't have a particularly high grade. Therefore I really need to drag my grade up this year. However, I'm feeling really unprepared for my Unit 3 exam which is next week - I know I can retake this, and I'm doing a gap year anyway, so shouldn't be a huge issue. I also really rushed my coursework and it was definitely not done to the best of my ability. Considering I'm in the last year of this specification, can I redo the coursework next year as well? I'm doing a gap year so timing etc is fine, just not sure if it's actually possible. I'm just really keen to do this as it's separate from exams and an easy way to gain marks. I'll also have teacher support doing this.

If anyone could help me, I'd be really appreciative! Furthermore, if anyone knows if this is also possible for OCR English Literature I would also like to know, in case I need to bring my grades up - thank you!
You should have one chance to resit the exams in 2017. I cnat see why that wouldnt include the coursework. but honestly just ring them and get the answer you need from the people who know. Two phone calls.
Original post by 999tigger
You should have one chance to resit the exams in 2017. I cnat see why that wouldnt include the coursework. but honestly just ring them and get the answer you need from the people who know. Two phone calls.

Thanks, yeah you're right and I will do, just didn't want to contact them and look stupid if it was generally known that you can't retake coursework or something
Original post by elizahughes
Thanks, yeah you're right and I will do, just didn't want to contact them and look stupid if it was generally known that you can't retake coursework or something

No, its a perfectly legitimate question as the issue of retakes for legacy exams comes up a lot.

Be sure to use the exact number and code when making the enquiry. That will get you the answer faster.

Quick Reply