The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Engineering

Hi! I have an offer currently to do electronic engineering with management (Beng 3 years major/minor honours) at KCL. Just curious if there are any graduates of this course or anyone already in this course that could tell me more about. Specifically about placement opportunities and graduate schemes and the employability of this degree (because I have heard KCL is not exactly known for its engineering unfortunately, to what extent is this true or significant?)

I'm also a little confused about the BEng and Meng system as well as this "major/minor honours" credit. What exactly does it mean in terms of the status of the degree, like is it a full fledged engineering degree when I approach employers? As I am a foreign student going to be studying in the UK, one of my biggest concerns is being able to get a decent job after I graduate. What are the foreign graduate prospects like, because I know a lot of foreign students usually return to their home country seeking jobs after they graduate and I really don't want this to happen. Just hoping someone out there could clarify all of this for me, thanks :smile:

P.S I have also sent an appeal to UCL to consider me for the EEE as I narrowly did not meet the conditions they gave me in their offer for the Mech engineering with finance programme. They said they would review, but just curious roughly what chances do I have? I missed my offer conditions by 1 grade, are they genuinely likely to review and maybe offer me a place or are they just saying that to be polite but in reality I don't have a chance?If someone could clarify this for me as well, I would really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest