The Student Room Group

Difficulty finding a apprenticeship, Help please

Hi, I'm 19 years old, 20 Years old in July!
Anyway, I studied electrical installation Lvl 1 at college straight after I left school, I then studied Lvl 2 the following year which both I passed. I also done Level 1 maths and English in functional skills and English Level 2, all in which I passed. The year after I studied Plumbing&Heating Level 1, I also passed!

So it's been a year since I last was at college, I have been trying to find a apprenticeship for ages and I have been very unfortunate I know loads of people that have found one but I just have no luck! It's getting to the point where I either need to get a job (which I've had no experience) or get a apprenticeship asap! I mean I'm nearly 20 no job experience and no apprenticeship! I need advice on to where to look! I Live in Kent, England if that helps with locations or websites etc. Any advice would be great fully appreciated (sorry for spelling mistakes etc I'm rushing as I'm typing)
Original post by Charam1996
Hi, I'm 19 years old, 20 Years old in July!
Anyway, I studied electrical installation Lvl 1 at college straight after I left school, I then studied Lvl 2 the following year which both I passed. I also done Level 1 maths and English in functional skills and English Level 2, all in which I passed. The year after I studied Plumbing&Heating Level 1, I also passed!

So it's been a year since I last was at college, I have been trying to find a apprenticeship for ages and I have been very unfortunate I know loads of people that have found one but I just have no luck! It's getting to the point where I either need to get a job (which I've had no experience) or get a apprenticeship asap! I mean I'm nearly 20 no job experience and no apprenticeship! I need advice on to where to look! I Live in Kent, England if that helps with locations or websites etc. Any advice would be great fully appreciated (sorry for spelling mistakes etc I'm rushing as I'm typing)

The website www.indeed.co.uk is good for finding apprenticeships and jobs because it shows you search results for many websites. It's kind of like google, but for jobs. Type in the kind of job you want such as "Apprentice Plumber" and then type in Kent into the location search bar.

Another good website for apprenticeships is https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

I had a quick look for you. It might be worthwhile sending a CV to Barrat Homes as they seem to have a lot of apprenticeships available in Kent at the moment. British Gas are also looking for someone too.

Quick Reply

Latest