The Student Room Group

13 lessons - still stalling

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry even experienced drivers still stall sometimes.

I stall at least twice a lesson and I have done 28 hours. One day it will just stop happening. I can't wait for that day. :-)
Reply 61
Original post by rhia9
I'm also struggling with my road position - either too close to cars or too far over! Has anybody got any tips for these issues? Also, the next available practical test is around mid August. Is it worth booking now and rearranging if needs be? I'm hoping to go back to college in September driving!

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my instructors car there is a little marker-thingie-idk that sticks out and my instructor is always telling me to use that and keep that in line with the edge of the kerb or car. This really helps. But on my mums car when I have practices in that it doesn't have a marker and I use the edge of the wipers in the middle as this also works. But you find something you're comfortable with as it took me quite a few lessons to get used to using the marker thing and I still cant follow it hahaha
Original post by ZainF123
when waiting at traffic lights I am comfortable with keeping the bite but I know this wears the clutch out like mad. My instructor is always saying put the handbrake on and I have to ask if if its OK to just use the break.
also when setting off it takes me ages and my instructor always says speed up as there are other cars behind but this is the point where I panic and then end up stalling

It doesn't at all, I ride the biting point most of the time in my car cus I like inching forwards (I live in London, force of habit of beating traffic).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending