The Student Room Group

Should the Death Penalty be reintroduced for convicted paedophiles?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MotorboatMyGoat
Many people have paedophilia but don't act on their thoughts.
Again poor excuse to justify his behaviour, when he was completely sane.
"Manipulated" that was exactly what he said.
Pff

Doesn't matter if they act on it or not, it's still a mental disorder.

I'm not talking about any specific case nor trying to justify any behaviour. I don't think the sentenced should be lessened. Rape/sexual abuse of a minor = jail for life. To me, that is an appropriate sentence.

The public shouldn't decide what is an appropriate sentence. We should not be the ones to determine whether another human being lives or dies.
Original post by Screwsocietyy
every since you were 5?

So oyu still contribute to killings from the age 0-5? you monster.

Because of how stupid a lot of people can be I thought you were serious at first:K:
Reply 82
Original post by the bear
Death is too good for them

Too good for someone with a mental disorder? Note that being a convicted pedophile does not require you to have ever had any contact whatsoever with a child... And yet you'd still send them to 'burn in hell'?

Disgusting.
Original post by libidothief
There's something wrong with feeling empathetic towards a raping pedophile.

That's not what I said.
Because of how stupid a lot of people can be I thought you were serious at first:K:

I am serious.
There's something wrong with feeling empathetic towards a raping pedophile.

You didn't say "what an evil guy raping all them kids". You merely just made a poor excuse to why he did it, yes to try and justify it

Woah, guys, calm your ****. You're all pretending like the question asked was: "Do you think paedophiles raping is okay?" - it was not. The question asked was about whether or not the death penalty is an OK punishment for convicted paedophiles and @hezzlington's comment in response served to question whether or not it is okay to murder a mentally ill person for crimes they committed. Furthermore, the user said they should be incarcerated. As such, how you can possibly derive a justification or excuse out of that, I do not know. He clearly condemned it. You wanna talk now about who's appearing slow, pal?
Reply 86
I disagree with the death penalty as I see it as an easy escape. However id draw a clear difference between those who have fantasies and those who actually act upon them.
Original post by Reue
Too good for someone with a mental disorder? Note that being a convicted pedophile does not require you to have ever had any contact whatsoever with a child... And yet you'd still send them to 'burn in hell'?

Disgusting.

Then what crime would they be convicted for?
Original post by markova21
I've just been reading about a British man convicted of abusing very young children abroad. I'm talking about the rape of babies, among other sick offences.He faces life in prison. Is this proper punishment? Do paedophiles deserve to be put to death? I have just started an online petition calling for the Death Penalty to be reinstated by the UK Govt. No chance of it happening,sadly. Just wondered what people on here thought?

Apparently no offences for paedophilia in Malaysia, but it will be considered statutory rape, which he can get 20 years for.

They have capital punishment in Malaysia.

Imo its a no for capital punishment as the criminal system has failings and also it says a lot about us as a society, plus i think permanent incarceration is a bigger punishment.
Reply 89
Original post by hezzlington
Then what crime would they be convicted for?

As an example would be the government aide convicted today. By all records he has never had contact with any of the children yet has been found guilty on 5 counts of making indecent images of children.
Reply 90
Don't think the state should have the power to take a life like that. Plus, I'd rather rehabilitation for low rate criminals, and improsonment and everything else that comes with it for more serious crimes. Death could also be seen as an easy way out.
Original post by Reue
As an example would be the government aide convicted today. By all records he has never had contact with any of the children yet has been found guilty on 5 counts of making indecent images of children.

Does that not count as sexual contact i.e. undressing them etc?

I'm not actually familiar with the case that's being discussed and my statements in this thread have been general.

There was discussion earlier about the distinction between a pedophile and child molester. As in, you can be a child molester without being a pedophile and vice versa.
Original post by ivybridge
Woah, guys, calm your ****. You're all pretending like the question asked was: "Do you think paedophiles raping is okay?" - it was not. The question asked was about whether or not the death penalty is an OK punishment for convicted paedophiles and @hezzlington's comment in response served to question whether or not it is okay to murder a mentally ill person for crimes they committed. Furthermore, the user said they should be incarcerated. As such, how you can possibly derive a justification or excuse out of that, I do not know. He clearly condemned it. You wanna talk now about who's appearing slow, pal?

It's funny how he also said "he" in his first statement but you didn't point that out to him. Cuz we was talking about that pedo! You are the slow one.

So every murderer or rapist has a mental disorder then by your logic, just because they don't share the same morals as you? This person was completely sane and should be prosecuted for what he is an evil person, that completely knew what he was doing.
It's funny how he also said "he" in his first statement but you didn't point that out to him. Cuz we was talking about that pedo! You are the slow one.

So every murderer or rapist has a mental disorder then by your logic, just because they don't share the same morals as you? This person was completely sane and should be prosecuted for what he is an evil person, that completely knew what he was doing.

No? Rape and murder are crimes, not mental disorders. Being a pedophile isn't a crime it's not a recognized legal term.

*just to clarify for you, yes pedophilia is WRONG regardless of whether you act on it or not. (Imo)
Reply 94
Does that not count as sexual contact i.e. undressing them etc?

I'm not actually familiar with the case that's being discussed and my statements in this thread have been general.

There was discussion earlier about the distinction between a pedophile and child molester. As in, you can be a child molester without being a pedophile and vice versa.

No, just to be clear; In UK law if you view any image on a webpage you have 'downloaded' it and have thus 'created' it. So whenever you see a conviction for "creating indecent images" it is highly likely that person has just viewed said images online and has never actually clicked to save them, let alone actually interacted with the victim.
No? Rape and murder are crimes, not mental disorders. Being a pedophile isn't a crime it's not a recognized legal term.

*just to clarify for you, yes pedophilia is WRONG regardless of whether you act on it or not. (Imo)

This paedophile did rape, so should be prosecuted like or even worse as other rapists.

No? What is wrong with you? :lol: Since when did saying a paedophile has a classified mental defect equate to saying "rapists and murderers have a mental disorder"? This is such a pointless discussion, you're unbelievably manipulative. Either deal with what you're served or don't enter a discussion at all.
This paedophile did rape, so should be prosecuted like or even worse as other rapists.

And the question was open-ended. There are many paedophiles who don't rape and paedophilia was what was being questioned here. As such, that is what we are discussing here, not just this specific case. The penalty wouldn't be brought back just for him, would it. How slow do you want to be?

Why wouldnt they be?
Original post by ivybridge
No? What is wrong with you? :lol: Since when did saying a paedophile has a classified mental defect equate to saying "rapists and murderers have a mental disorder"? This is such a pointless discussion, you're unbelievably manipulative. Either deal with what you're served or don't enter a discussion at all.

I'm talking about this specific case like I said ffs.
He was a child rapist.

I'm done with you girls, I enjoyed the pointless argument

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending