The Student Room Group

What's your political ideology?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam9317
Not a problem chief.

I do especially like your left-libertarian photos; maybe this needs to be brought into the MHOC

It's just a meme sort of thing I saw ages ago. Thought it was quite funny (though the left-authoritarian borg are bloody creepy XD). Took me a while to dig it up. If the MHoC ever decide to ban real-life party names maybe we can make 4 party based on those 4 corners lol
I just voted right-libertarian, but then noticed your link to the quiz, and that quiz put me as a left-libertarian xD. (though I was near the centre, as I have some authoritarian views and some right-wing views, alongside my more liberal ideas)
I'm very socially liberal, and despise authoritarianism, but I'm not sure where I'd put myself on that chart.
Reply 23
Selfish money lover checkin in :u:

Reply 24
Original post by Dr Pesto
I'm very socially liberal, and despise authoritarianism, but I'm not sure where I'd put myself on that chart.

Do the test.
For some reason, Political Compass seems to make me more left wing than actually feel. I'd describe myself as a centre right mostly free market supporting Conservative & Unionist with some Libertarian tendencies.
Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18
Original post by Quamquam123
Almost bang-on centre. :tongue:

Yeah apparently I'm a closet wishy-washy centrist deep inside haha.
Centre-left libertarian. Though this particular test is slightly biased towards the left in my opinion. "The government should penalise businesses that mislead the public" is a bit of a loaded question.
Since saying Conservative would tarnish oneself with the Torys, traditionalist is probably the nost accurate.
I find the ISideWith quiz more comprehensive & it I'd say it's more accurate for me.
Original post by Quamquam123
Did it have more questions?

It probably has a similar amount if not slightly more. However the answers you can give are more complex.
I'm not sure if it's set up for the 2015 GE specifically or whether it's been modified to take into account the last year too.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's been a while since I've done the test, but I doubt I've changed - I'm always nearly as far bottom left as you can go, around -9.78, -10 or something like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in a lovely fairytale :h:

chart.png
Reply 33
Left libertarian :h:
Right-Authoritarian ( and proud )
(right) libertarian democracy
aka, leaving everybody alone to their peace and property,
and separating politics from economics, just like separating church and state
democracy shouldn't be for voting yourself more money or more social power, but rather things like foreign policy, borders, trade, international relations, the constitution, etc
(edited 7 years ago)
So basically I'm a Care Bear.
(edited 7 years ago)
whoever else is Right-Authoritarian, pm me and we can start a group.
Huh, pretty unchanged in the last few years.

Left-Libertarian. Don't mess with Care Bears. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending